Texas Hunting Forum

Another UTV suggestion thread with poll

Posted By: jsplinter

Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/26/16 04:02 PM

I have 15 acres, will be using this for dragging/clearing brush, hauling deer (hopefully), filling feeders, transporting girlfriend/kids around.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/26/16 04:32 PM

I chose the Pioneer and I've owned the other two. I didn't pick the Ranger because it's the 570. I didn't pick the Mule because it wasn't the new FXT and the old straight rear axle will beat your fillings loose. The Mule isn't as good in the water either...they put the air filter at the bottom of the floorboard so you cannot go in water that is over the floor. I've had my Ranger in water up to about two inches below the seat.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/26/16 04:35 PM

Flawed poll, no Gator.

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/26/16 04:37 PM

Any other reason behind not picking the 570? I chose the 570 model to base my comparisons off of because after talking to the guy at the dealership he suggested that would be all I need for what I am going to use it for. If I listed a 900 would that change you opinions?

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/26/16 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
Flawed poll, no Gator.

haven't even looked at the Gator, I will check those out
Posted By: Sidebuster

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/26/16 04:41 PM

Can't figure out why the Massimo that Tractor Supply sells isn't popular. Looks to me like a good UTV for the money.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/26/16 04:42 PM

Check out Cub Cadets new 500 Challenger. Great price and comes stock with roof, windshield, winch...

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/26/16 04:43 PM

Out of those ranger would get my pick

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/26/16 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Sidebuster
Can't figure out why the Massimo that Tractor Supply sells isn't popular. Looks to me like a good UTV for the money.

I don't like the bucket seats they have. I have little kids, so the more I can squeeze on a bench the better
Posted By: don k

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/26/16 05:25 PM

If you want one that will last then get a Kubota.
Posted By: therancher

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/26/16 07:20 PM

Polaris is still the best.

I have a 2006 500 that has taken more abuse than a 42 willys ever has. If money's not the issue get a 900.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/26/16 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: jsplinter
If I listed a 900 would that change you opinions?

Yes...you rarely hear anyone make a comment that their machine has to much power, but you do have the other side. If you said a used 700 I'd even rate it over the 570. The 800's had heat issues. I specifically looked for quite a while trying to find a 2009 700...that's the new body style with the old motor, only year they made them.

If I was looking today...I'd look at the Ranger 900 and the Mule FXT....I'd probably look a the new Mahindra just because they are interesting and the seats look comfortable. Plus, Nav sells them and I've not seen a single neg review on him on this board...we aren't the easiest to please fwiw.

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/26/16 08:12 PM

The funds are too low for me right now. I am about to close on land March 1st. I am in the budget of the 570, that's why I said that one.

Nav, do you sell the Cub cadet? I like that one also but am having a hard time finding any reviews on it. have you seen one with bench style seats? From what it looks like they are bucket seats.

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/27/16 04:41 PM

cheers
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/27/16 05:24 PM

I don't like the bucket seats they have. I have little kids, so the more I can squeeze on a bench the better

I asked my TS store that has one sitting out front where I would take it to get warranty work and they said they did not know. That was enough to make me look elsewhere, even though I did like the price.

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/27/16 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. T.

I asked my TS store that has one sitting out front where I would take it to get warranty work and they said they did not know. That was enough to make me look elsewhere, even though I did like the price.

They need a better manager at your TSC location

http://www.massimomotor.com/locator.php
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/27/16 05:29 PM

The funds are too low for me right now. I am about to close on land March 1st. I am in the budget of the 570, that's why I said that one.

Nav, do you sell the Cub cadet? I like that one also but am having a hard time finding any reviews on it. have you seen one with bench style seats? From what it looks like they are bucket seats.

Will a pickup truck not make it where you need to go?
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/28/16 10:31 PM

Used 4X4 Tacoma gets my vote
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/28/16 10:47 PM

Flawed poll, no Gator.

Yep.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/29/16 02:08 AM

I'm biased at owning nothing but Honda's for my 2 wheel and ATV toys my whole life. I love my Pioneer 700-4 most notably for the transmission (no belts to dick around with and it has multiple gears vs a Ranger CVT which I can't stand) and the short/tall wheelbase like a 2 seater, but you have 2 more rear seats that fold up out of the bed for the occasion when you have more than two riders.

Charlie
Posted By: B.K.S.

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/30/16 06:43 PM

Kawasaki Mule.JMHO
Posted By: Sherpa Dog

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 01/30/16 07:14 PM

Flawed poll, no Gator.

Sure is! But should be a selection for "other". I prefer a 4x4 Japanese mini truck like a Suzuki Carry....
Posted By: HLo

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 02/03/16 08:35 PM

I am surprised at the results. I thought everyone would pick Polaris Ranger. Maybe they just didn't vote? Every hunting thread I was on before I bought a Mule pretty much picked Rangers as the best all around UTV.
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 02/03/16 09:40 PM

900 ranger. You can get all the work done and have room for everyone.

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 02/04/16 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: HLo
I am surprised at the results. I thought everyone would pick Polaris Ranger. Maybe they just didn't vote? Every hunting thread I was on before I bought a Mule pretty much picked Rangers as the best all around UTV.

Different strokes for different folks. Everyone is not a hot order or a mud racer. I have to have a UTV that is a full 49 inches through the tailgate to accommodate my 48 inch three hole dog box, or a sheet of plywood.

A trailer is just one more piece of junk to have to hide in a restricted subdivision. I like being able to load my Gator onto my pickup and heading on down the road. Here you go.

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 02/05/16 01:28 AM

That's nice right there

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 02/05/16 01:29 PM

Here's another thing you can't do with a Ranger. It would have taken two vehicles on this 800 mile round trip.

Posted By: Sherpa Dog

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 02/05/16 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
Here's another thing you can't do with a Ranger. It would have taken two vehicles on this 800 mile round trip.

Now that's a nice bird hunting rig! up
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 02/06/16 01:24 AM

I would hook that little dog trailer to my Ranger and drive both up onto my trailer and still use one truck that is not overloaded.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 02/06/16 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman

I would hook that little dog trailer to my Ranger and drive both up onto my trailer and still use one truck that is not overloaded.

That's clouding the issue with facts!! People don't like that you know!!!

Re: Another UTV suggestion thread with poll - 02/06/16 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: TEXASLEFTY
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

That's clouding the issue with facts!! People don't like that you know!!!

The fact is, I live in a restricted subdivision and have no place to store a trailer.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum