Texas Hunting Forum

Lease vehicle opinions?

Posted By: Jimbo1

Lease vehicle opinions? - 10/25/15 03:30 PM

All things being equal, except vehicle size, which would you prefer to make a hunting lease truck - 2001 Ford Expedition or 2004 Land Rover Discovery? I like that the Rover is smaller and good reputation, what do you think?
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Lease vehicle opinions? - 10/25/15 03:35 PM

I would go with the ford only for the availability and cost of repair parts....older vehicles that sit a lot require maintenance and repairs....either would be fine tho....
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Lease vehicle opinions? - 10/25/15 04:44 PM

Land Rover
Posted By: Western

Re: Lease vehicle opinions? - 10/25/15 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
I would go with the ford only for the availability and cost of repair parts....older vehicles that sit a lot require maintenance and repairs....either would be fine tho....

^^Agree with this, even though the LR probably would have higher resale value down the road. I would also consider initial cost into the other possibles such as, maintenance, insurance (could be damaged by rodents, maybe even stolen from a lease), don't think fuel would be a deal breaker for just running around the lease.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Lease vehicle opinions? - 10/25/15 06:38 PM

Rovers are widely known to have gremlins, especially electrical ones. It would be one of the last vehicles I would park extendedly at a place where mice/rats might get to a wire.
Posted By: RH11399

Re: Lease vehicle opinions? - 10/26/15 03:19 PM

I have a 91 Bronco that is Electronic Fuel Injected. While it isn't an Expedition, I can say that it sat last for 10 months with a solar charger clipped to the battery. I checked the oil and coolant, jumped in, and it fired right up. I am more than happy with it for what it is intended for. I leave the hood cracked open with a tie down to limit how far up the hood can go while sitting. I have been told by a few people that rats will be less likely to nest and spend time in an engine compartment if it isn't as closed off from the elements.
I say all that to say....I vote for the Ford.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Lease vehicle opinions? - 10/26/15 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: RH11399
I have a 91 Bronco that is Electronic Fuel Injected. While it isn't an Expedition, I can say that it sat last for 10 months with a solar charger clipped to the battery. I checked the oil and coolant, jumped in, and it fired right up. I am more than happy with it for what it is intended for. I leave the hood cracked open with a tie down to limit how far up the hood can go while sitting. I have been told by a few people that rats will be less likely to nest and spend time in an engine compartment if it isn't as closed off from the elements.

An 04 Land Rover is a ford.
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Lease vehicle opinions? - 10/26/15 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Negative. It's a Land Rover!
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Lease vehicle opinions? - 10/26/15 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: BarneyWho

Double negative owned by Ford from 2000-2008
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: Lease vehicle opinions? - 10/26/15 07:30 PM

I'd go with the ford just because its much easier to work on. My lease ride is a little S10... Not pretty, not fast, not much of anything. Buts she's quiet and the heater works good so I'm in!
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Lease vehicle opinions? - 10/27/15 05:27 PM

Triple Negative. I don't care who it's owned by. We are owned by the Chinese. You American or Chinese?
Posted By: GOLDSTEIN

Re: Lease vehicle opinions? - 10/27/15 09:32 PM

Triple Negative. I don't care who it's owned by. We are owned by the Chinese. You American or Chinese?

roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: tlk

Re: Lease vehicle opinions? - 10/28/15 12:25 AM

neither - get a Kubota 1100 - goes anywhere and the cab is as nice as either of these vehicles - AC/heather/dust proof -
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Lease vehicle opinions? - 10/28/15 11:55 AM

Thanks for all the input fellas. Moot point now, I just bought a new 4wd truck!
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Lease vehicle opinions? - 10/28/15 02:49 PM

Atta boy!
worthless
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Lease vehicle opinions? - 10/29/15 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By: DuckCoach1985
Atta boy!
worthless

Yeah, what no pictures?
Posted By: 7m STW

Re: Lease vehicle opinions? - 11/03/15 04:20 PM

Smart move I got sick of dealing with a older lease vehicle so this year I went ahead a just bout a 02 F250 with 80k on it. I'll just simply drive that back and forth and as a second truck.
Posted By: Ringman

Re: Lease vehicle opinions? - 11/10/15 12:12 AM

Ford- for parts and repairs. Especially if it stays on the lease and you show up and something isn't working. Probably can get parts or repaired that day. Try to buy LR parts at the Ford house.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum