Texas Hunting Forum

Isuzu Amigo S

Posted By: mikeydon

Isuzu Amigo S - 10/25/14 10:11 PM

I have found a Isuzu Amigo S 4wd,5 speed,v6 with soft top.Looks to be well took care of.
143000 mile's,Car fax show's no issue's,fan clutch recently replaced.Asking $4.000.00,Don't really know
anything about Isuzu,Doe's anybody know anything about Isuzu 4 wheel drive's confused2

Thank's in advance up
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Isuzu Amigo S - 10/25/14 11:10 PM

My sister used to have one and she sold it with over 200k miles. It seemed like a reliable suv but wouldn't treat it like a jeep. Power was lacking but other than that, nothing wrong with it and it was reliable.
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Isuzu Amigo S - 10/26/14 03:02 PM

There is a pretty big following of them. I had a 2wd truck when I was 16 so you know I didn't exactly treat it nicely. It only let me down twice and neither could have been prevented.
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Isuzu Amigo S - 10/26/14 03:02 PM

But depending on year 4k sounds a little steep
Posted By: ckat

Re: Isuzu Amigo S - 10/28/14 03:50 AM

I think that if you do some research on that particular motor, your mind will made for you. I would feel much better about an I4. I am also with jhenderson, Isuzus are generally cheaper vehicles with a terrible resale... $4000 seems a bit high.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Isuzu Amigo S - 11/09/14 05:29 AM

They are not known about like Toyotas, but they do keep on running. A guy down the street has over 250,000 miles on his without major problems. Besides brakes and a clutch and regular maintenance the radio quit working and he had to replace a window mechanism, but the engine and transmission are still going strong.
Posted By: spg

Re: Isuzu Amigo S - 11/09/14 04:18 PM

I would love to find a toyota, nissan, or mazda that runs good I could leave at the lease. WOuld beat hauling a ranger everytime. The toyota's are like gold to the people selling them and if you find a cheap one you usually end up with a full time job instead of a reliable vehicle.
Posted By: Stoney

Re: Isuzu Amigo S - 11/09/14 10:34 PM

I have a 90 Amigo, mine has an I 4 in it though. I keep mine at outr place in Terrell county. I don't treat it like a Jeep because a Jeep wont go some of the places it does. It is by far the best overall hunting vehicle I have ever had down there including trucks and 4-wheelers. Mine has 300K on the body, the motor who knows because I bought it used (the motor on mine was apart when I bought it, a nut had gotten through the intake into a cylinder)
It is like driving a mountain goat down there. I will say I have to replace a half shaft on the front drive but that is my fault. The boot was torn and rather than address it I drove it till the CV went, but they are only $60. Although Isuzu has no presence in the US market they are huge worldwide. The Chevy Duramax is actually an Isuzu design.
I don't know about the V6, I would scour Craigslist, the 4X4 with the I4 are available for about 1/2 what you are talking about. Offroad it is great but I don't know you want one for a daily driver, they are a smallish vehicle. Good luck!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum