Texas Hunting Forum

Essex Kevlar run flat tire issue

Posted By: tlk

Essex Kevlar run flat tire issue - 10/19/14 09:05 PM

Had one of my run flat tires have a blow out yesterday while driving down a smooth dirt road. Anyone ever had a blow out on one of these - I would have thought they would never do so based on how they are made
Posted By: techzan

Re: Essex Kevlar run flat tire issue - 10/19/14 10:01 PM

I've got some and am very surprised to hear what happened to you. I drive over anything & everything and haven't had any issues.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Essex Kevlar run flat tire issue - 10/19/14 10:16 PM

What part of the tire blew out? Sidewall?
Posted By: MattinDallas

Re: Essex Kevlar run flat tire issue - 10/20/14 12:13 AM

Ran these tires since 2002. Never ever had a problem like that. How much air you have in them?

Re: Essex Kevlar run flat tire issue - 10/20/14 01:51 AM

Was in the tread not sidewall. Had 9-10 lbs air. What I always run. Very strange

Re: Essex Kevlar run flat tire issue - 10/20/14 05:32 PM

Here is a picture - the cut is on the "backside" of the tire - since I was driving forward and the way the tire was spinning the cut does not look like it is from a rock or stump. Essex says they have never had a run flat have a blow out - they are looking at pics to see what they think - will keep you updated

Posted By: tigger

Re: Essex Kevlar run flat tire issue - 10/20/14 06:21 PM

I have ruined 2 in the last 12 to 15 years and worn out 2 others. One that was ruined was a piece of metal and the other was a misquite staub. Both on rear tires loaded as in overloaded. Yours looks like and impalement rather than a blowout.
Posted By: WTGuide

Re: Essex Kevlar run flat tire issue - 10/20/14 07:07 PM

confused2
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum