Texas Hunting Forum

Dodge Quality

Posted By: dac6933

Dodge Quality - 07/17/14 06:09 AM

How's is the interior and trim? My wife has a 2012 Dodge car and the interior and trim is below average. Engine and tranny are fine but fit and finish are a joke. Trim rings popping off, and Dash loose and squeaky. Just wondering if the quality has changed? Will be looking for a new truck soon.
Posted By: redseal

Re: Dodge Quality - 07/17/14 11:06 AM

I like my 2013 2500 it's the lonestar edition but my cousin has the Bighorn and it's pretty good too.
Posted By: BMD

Re: Dodge Quality - 07/17/14 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: redseal
I like my 2013 2500 it's the lonestar edition but my cousin has the Bighorn and it's pretty good too.

Same truck the lone star made for Texas and big horns here are usually dealer trades from Oklahoma
Posted By: BMD

Re: Dodge Quality - 07/17/14 12:00 PM

Not as bad as my new ford everything in it makes racket, two dodges I have are fine in comparison
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Dodge Quality - 07/17/14 01:48 PM

My 2007 has held up very well.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Dodge Quality - 07/17/14 02:04 PM

That's just a dodge for you.

I just call them Cummins or Hemi.... because that's what makes them a truck...
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Dodge Quality - 07/17/14 02:56 PM

I have a '05 chevy car that the interior is falling apart on, it comes with the territory, was bought used has never been covered a day since 2005 and the dash has more cracks than carter has pills the shifter knob came off and I had to replace all the stepper motors in the instrument cluster.
Posted By: C'mere

Re: Dodge Quality - 07/17/14 03:07 PM

With companies trying to amass every penny they can, plus the mandates on fuel economy, I don't think there is much out there that hasn't suffered in the quality of materials, and the way they are assembled.

I've had numerous Chrysler product and mechanically, they've been very good to excellent, on my last two, the headliner has needed to be replaced and looking around, the carpet in several places doesn't meet up flush. On all of them, the clearcoat began peeling, and then the paint itself would flake.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Dodge Quality - 07/17/14 04:09 PM

I have always like the Dodge's from the outside. Just never did care for their interior finish or the way it was arranged.
Posted By: Paluxy300blk

Re: Dodge Quality - 07/17/14 04:28 PM

I think a lot has to do with the care and maintenance, too.

I believe the majority of vehicle owners these days but a new vehicle and then slowly progress to take less maintenance care over time.

More or less, a lot of people look at vehicles as a disposable commodity.
Posted By: Dodge_Rock

Re: Dodge Quality - 07/18/14 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: dac6933
How's is the interior and trim? My wife has a 2012 Dodge car and the interior and trim is below average. Engine and tranny are fine but fit and finish are a joke. Trim rings popping off, and Dash loose and squeaky. Just wondering if the quality has changed? Will be looking for a new truck soon.

The interior and trim on my 2012 Ram Lone Star look just like the day I bought it. No squeaks, rattles or anything popping off. Actually the best truck I've owned so far - 5.7 hemi has something to do with that. Have over 50K miles and run in 4x4 hi/lo some nearly every day. Not one problem of any kind to date, except for a dead battery, which was replaced under warranty. Could be that truck quality is maintained at a higher level than cars due to the competition.

Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Dodge Quality - 07/18/14 07:16 PM

I have an 08 Laramie, and the interior while not city boy fabulous is still in good shape at 105K. No squeeks, rattles, nothing has broke off. The 4x4 works and the Hemi just keeps going. No complaints here. Only thing wrong so far is I had to replace the EGR at 72k and it is throwing a code for it again now. It isn't stuttering yet so until it does I am ignoring the code.
Posted By: JHeflinland

Re: Dodge Quality - 07/18/14 07:23 PM

I've got a '12 3500 Laramie w/ the Cummins, and compared to Ford and Chevrolet, I thought the overall appearance of the interior on mine was nicer than any of the other makes. Could be personal preference on appearance though. No issues with anything on the interior so far. I'm around 60k miles now and have put it through some super rough rocky terrain on my 5k acre deer lease while my buggy was broke down, which would sure enough make something rattle or pop loose if it wanted to.

First Dodge I had was a '97 and the interior on it was garbage. They have come a long way since then.
Posted By: Nate C.

Re: Dodge Quality - 08/04/14 03:38 AM

I have owned a 2000 and a 2009, both diesels. The only issue I ever had with the 2000 was the fuel lift pump went out. No issues with the 2009 except the 6.7 got poorer fuel mileage that the 5.9 did. I attributed that to the extra emissions stuff on the 6.7.

As for interior or trim quality, I had no issues, but in both cases I intentionally got the no-frills interiors.
Posted By: SNAKEBIT

Re: Dodge Quality - 08/05/14 09:03 PM

bought a 2011 4x4 1500 Laramie Dec 2011.
has 55000+ on it now.
drove back from the lease in San Angelo last year after the ice storm.
14 hours to get to Garland.
washboard roads from H3LL on I-20.
I think the shocks are wore out but not a rattle one inside the cab.
had eggs in a carton in a cooler in the back of the truck and most were very cracked by time I got home!!!!
Posted By: EdRoth

Re: Dodge Quality - 08/06/14 10:41 PM

Myself as well as a few family members have owned tons of Chrysler products. No issues out of any of them.
Chrysler has caught a bad wrap from 80-90s era vehicles that they have not been able to shake
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum