Texas Hunting Forum

Rokon?

Posted By: BradyBuck

Rokon? - 04/27/14 03:47 AM

A guy I work with is wanting to sell his 2008 Rokon scout. He bought it brand new and has used it twice in Colorado. He says it's just like new.

I am needing something to drive around in some very sandy areas to fill feeders, haul out game and just other stuff around the lease. My 2 wheel drive truck gets stuck everytime.

It seams like it will do everything I need it for.

He's asking 4k

Any thoughts or information about these bikes would be appreciated
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Rokon? - 04/27/14 01:11 PM

Not a Rokon expert... I would say though you could get a nice 4x4 ATV for $4k. Trying to do lease things with a 2 wheeler would be tough IMHO, particularly if it's real sandy. It would be a cool toy to have otherwise.

Charlie
Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: Rokon? - 04/27/14 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: CharlieCTx
Not a Rokon expert... I would say though you could get a nice 4x4 ATV for $4k. Trying to do lease things with a 2 wheeler would be tough IMHO, particularly if it's real sandy. It would be a cool toy to have otherwise.

Charlie

....agree yingyang
Posted By: crawdaddy

Re: Rokon? - 06/10/14 03:48 AM

I have one and its awesome. Use a riding lawn mower trailer to haul corn and dead critters, etc., and it will go ANYWHERE. Agree that you could get a decent atv for that, but then you wouldn't have a ROKON.

Btw, the rokon carries very nicely in the receiver mounted motorcycle carrier from harbor freight, leaving your bed free. Try that with an ATV!
Posted By: HardcoreCarnivore

Re: Rokon? - 06/10/14 04:20 AM

Would get a atv befor I went anywhere else get a nice Polaris atv that price new so weigh your options on that, alog with not get stuck specially in sand unless it rains a lot then everything gets stuck in mud sand which we found out 5 atvs two trucks and a ranger later
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Rokon? - 06/10/14 01:08 PM

I would rather have the Rokon than an ATV.
Posted By: DirtyDave

Re: Rokon? - 06/21/14 10:54 PM

ATV might be a bit more practical, but Rokons are cool as heck!
It will still drag game and get you where you want to go.
Like the other guys said, you can pull a small ATV trailer with it to haul corn or other stuff, and it will fit on a hitch mounted bike carrier. Or if you put it in your truck box it doesn't take up as much space as an ATV
Posted By: crawdaddy

Re: Rokon? - 07/17/14 09:26 PM

Did you buy the ROKON? I can vouch for dragging game with one. Once pulled a 150lb hog (buzzard breakfast in this case) across at ditch with about 16" of water in it. I was going fast enough that the hog planed out when it hit the water. The guys I was with were rolling on the ground laughing when I turned around and figured out what had happened. By brother has skidded very large logs with it to haul them back to camp for firewood. A very strong ATV would struggle with a similar load. That thing is TOUGH!!!
Posted By: Benz

Re: Rokon? - 08/07/14 09:55 PM

Rokons are pretty sweet
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum