Texas Hunting Forum

New Tractor

Posted By: Bar-D

New Tractor - 06/06/23 11:03 PM

I've sold all my farming and hay equipment, age and health says I'm done. Brought this home today to do the shredding chores and a few other tasks that I don't need the power of my compact track loader to accomplish. It has a skid steer type quick connect so besides moving hay to the cattle, it can run any of the skid steer attachments such as the augur and post puller. The wife loves it and vows to become proficient in using it. Win, win!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Stub

Re: New Tractor - 06/07/23 01:21 AM

up
Posted By: BigPig

Re: New Tractor - 06/07/23 01:57 AM

Good looking toy
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: New Tractor - 06/07/23 02:12 AM

That loader does a good job of pulling T Posts, bringing firewood, putting grown grandsons in to fill corn feeders, etc.
Posted By: el Rojo

Re: New Tractor - 06/07/23 02:43 AM

Very nice!
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: New Tractor - 06/07/23 02:53 AM

That is a fine looking tractor right there
Posted By: Lotto

Re: New Tractor - 06/07/23 03:04 AM

Nice one now to get it muddy
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: New Tractor - 06/07/23 09:52 AM

Better than spiffy.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: New Tractor - 06/07/23 11:17 AM

Man toys I love em!
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: New Tractor - 06/07/23 11:24 AM

Very nice! Congrats

I've heard the TYMs are getting pretty good reviews to.
Posted By: Espy

Re: New Tractor - 06/07/23 12:55 PM

Congrats on the good looking tractor
Posted By: GUTIT

Re: New Tractor - 06/07/23 06:05 PM

Bought another one for the ranch business myself last week. You will like the cab and ac.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: New Tractor - 06/07/23 06:39 PM

Nice. Plan on tinting the glass?

Re: New Tractor - 06/07/23 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by garyrapp55

I don't know yet. If there was a mobile tinter around me somewhere, I probably would. I doubt I will haul it to town to get it
done.

Re: New Tractor - 06/07/23 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by GUTIT
Bought another one for the ranch business myself last week. You will like the cab and ac.
[Linked Image]

up
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: New Tractor - 06/07/23 08:24 PM

Nice ride but I’d tint the windows regardless what I had to do to make it happen. Once you go dark you wont go back clap
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: New Tractor - 06/07/23 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bar-D
Originally Posted by garyrapp55

I don't know yet. If there was a mobile tinter around me somewhere, I probably would. I doubt I will haul it to town to get it
done.

I hear ya, hauling it in for tint would be a pain in the buttocks. You might change your tune come July and August. Enjoy the new mule.

Re: New Tractor - 06/07/23 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
Nice ride but I’d tint the windows regardless what I had to do to make it happen. Once you go dark you wont go back clap

This man is right, if you are going to spend anytime in it during the summer, tint it. That new one of mine was tinted the day it was delivered and every piece of machinery I own that has a window and AC is tinted. Even my skidsteers.

I have a mobile man if you are interested and around DFW.

Re: New Tractor - 06/07/23 10:16 PM

This man is right, if you are going to spend anytime in it during the summer, tint it. That new one of mine was tinted the day it was delivered and every piece of machinery I own that has a window and AC is tinted. Even my skidsteers.

I have a mobile man if you are interested and around DFW.

Thanks but I'm northeast of Sweetwater. I'll be looking for someone around here.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: New Tractor - 06/07/23 11:22 PM

I’m sure someone around that area does mobile tenting, I’d suggest having 20% on it. I’ve tried all the variants over the years and 20% is my go to these days. It’s dark enough to kill the sun during the day and light enough to run at night with no problems.

Spankys John Deere apparently has slightly darker film on it though clap

Re: New Tractor - 06/08/23 02:33 AM

I’m sure someone around that area does mobile tenting, I’d suggest having 20% on it. I’ve tried all the variants over the years and 20% is my go to these days. It’s dark enough to kill the sun during the day and light enough to run at night with no problems.

Spankys John Deere apparently has slightly darker film on it though clap

I run Limo on the side doors only and only on the tractors. LED lights added to the sides of tractors. Helps find the hay windrows, plus I can drink during the day when I’m on the road going to feed or the fields. 👍
Posted By: TCM3

Re: New Tractor - 06/08/23 12:36 PM

Never seen that particular brand before.
up

Re: New Tractor - 06/08/23 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by TCM3
up

They come inside the big boxes of cereal at Costco.
Posted By: texfork

Re: New Tractor - 06/08/23 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
Very nice! Congrats

I've heard the TYMs are getting pretty good reviews to.
Posted By: texasdude28

Re: New Tractor - 06/08/23 09:21 PM

cheers nice tractor!!
Posted By: TCM3

Re: New Tractor - 06/08/23 11:04 PM

up

lol35
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: New Tractor - 06/15/23 08:16 PM

nice
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: New Tractor - 06/16/23 06:17 AM

It's less about the level of tint that the material. Pony up for full ceramic. It makes a huge, YUGE difference in UV coming in through the window. Makes a absolutely worthwhile difference in these fishbowls we sit in.
My truck's AC was slowing down due to age, and since I couldn't find a mechanic who wasn't going to break it off in me to fix it, I had all the windows, including windshield, done in full ceramic. Cool as a cucumber now.
Posted By: friscotx

Re: New Tractor - 06/16/23 03:16 PM

Nice tractor

Re: New Tractor - 07/20/23 02:56 PM

up

Actually, Sam's Club. No Costco around here. It ain't green with the green price tag, nor does it have to be to do what it is intended to do very well.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: New Tractor - 07/20/23 04:17 PM

Agree with the others....do whatever necessary to get the windows tinted. The difference in 'Solar Gain' (A/C system working better) is stark.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: New Tractor - 07/20/23 04:46 PM

I'm surprised how many of you are tinting. The AC in my Kioti will about freeze you. Even in 105 degree heat. I turn the AC to high for the first 15 minutes or so, then turn it down a notch or two once the cab cools down. You might want to see how well your AC works before spending $ on tint.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: New Tractor - 07/20/23 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba
I'm surprised how many of you are tinting. The AC in my Kioti will about freeze you. Even in 105 degree heat. I turn the AC to high for the first 15 minutes or so, then turn it down a notch or two once the cab cools down. You might want to see how well your AC works before spending $ on tint.

I've never used a tinted tractor at night, but without really good lighting, even untinted windows can be hard to see out of. Like you, though, every tractor AC I've used would get you plenty cold if it was functioning correctly.
Posted By: cabosandinh

Re: New Tractor - 07/20/23 06:10 PM

looks like my Cabelas 55 hp tractor

it was a TYM. with Perkins diesel
Posted By: redchevy

Re: New Tractor - 07/20/23 08:00 PM

I just put on a hat and long sleeves and sweat. Sometimes I wonder if I made a mistake not getting a cab but the first time the a/c didn’t work I’d be glad.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: New Tractor - 07/20/23 08:31 PM

congrats….looks just like 59hp Mahindra, rims and all

[Linked Image]
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: New Tractor - 07/21/23 12:45 PM

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum