Texas Hunting Forum

Yikes!

Posted By: 68rustbucket

Yikes! - 05/08/23 01:23 PM

Went to grab this bucket out of the garage yesterday evening, found this nasty pair in the bottom.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1955

Re: Yikes! - 05/08/23 02:36 PM

scared
Posted By: el Rojo

Re: Yikes! - 05/08/23 02:46 PM

It's OK. They're not mad.
Posted By: jskin

Re: Yikes! - 05/08/23 06:31 PM

Heebie jeebies
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Yikes! - 05/08/23 07:21 PM

Time to go looking for them at night with a black light.

I worked at a ranch in Fisher, TX that had them all over. We were sleeping in one of the cabins, and the scorpions were walking the upper rafters of the cabin and dropping down onto the bed on us. I was woken up by them, and one was on my pillow several inches in front of my face. Yes, we got the heck out of there!
Posted By: Ringtail

Re: Yikes! - 05/08/23 11:21 PM

Wife and I were cleaning up after my son's wedding yesterday at a ranch venue and as I picked up an item, a long skinny scorpion got me right above the thumb. I shook my hand and he went flying right by our French bulldog. Stung about like a yellow jacket but quickly quit hurting. Much less painful than a red wasp.
Posted By: goosebuster

Re: Yikes! - 05/09/23 01:52 PM

I had one in my bed once, and it stung me on the back on the arm. I flung the sheet off, and it went flying across the room. Hurt like hell for about half a day.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Yikes! - 05/09/23 02:15 PM

I'd take a rattlesnake over a scorpion or spider any day. I HATE those things.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Yikes! - 05/09/23 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by HuntnFly67
I'd take a rattlesnake over a scorpion or spider any day. I HATE those things.

Hope you dont regret saying that..... No comparison to me.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Yikes! - 05/09/23 10:24 PM

Fish bait!
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Yikes! - 05/09/23 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
Fish bait!

Can you explain how to hook a live scorpion?
Posted By: Stub

Re: Yikes! - 05/10/23 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Originally Posted by Stub
Fish bait!

Can you explain how to hook a live scorpion?

Carefully up
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Yikes! - 05/12/23 12:41 PM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00555SR9Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We had brown recluse years ago in/under the house at our place in the sticks. When my daughter came into the world, the wife required a solution. Demon is the solution. I haven't seen anything that wears an exoskeleton alive in the house in years. I started spraying in the shed too for wasps/hornets. Works great on scorpions. I've never been hit by a scorpion but judging by the sound I heard come from my dad when he did years ago, I certainly don't want to get hit.
Posted By: Tbar

Re: Yikes! - 05/12/23 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by garyrapp55
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00555SR9Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We had brown recluse years ago in/under the house at our place in the sticks. When my daughter came into the world, the wife required a solution. Demon is the solution. I haven't seen anything that wears an exoskeleton alive in the house in years. I started spraying in the shed too for wasps/hornets. Works great on scorpions. I've never been hit by a scorpion but judging by the sound I heard come from my dad when he did years ago, I certainly don't want to get hit.

I use the Demon packets. You drop the whole packet into a pump-up sprayer and it dissolves....packet and all. Does an awesome job. Spray around the outside of the house and garage. It is nice that it's odorless.

https://www.amazon.com/Insecticide-...de+packets&qid=1683896148&sr=8-1
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Yikes! - 05/12/23 01:27 PM

Same active ingredient, WP leaves the powder residue so I don't use it indoors. Good stuff in either form.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum