Texas Hunting Forum

St Peter cemetery, Walburg

Posted By: freerange

St Peter cemetery, Walburg - 04/09/23 04:50 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: St Peter cemetery, Walburg - 04/10/23 12:02 AM

Did you get any German food while you were in Warburg?

Re: St Peter cemetery, Walburg - 04/10/23 12:26 AM

Yes I did. The Mercantile is a unique place. Authentic German food and beer garden.
My Moms full blooded German parents(on the bluebonnet surrounded headstone) took the buggy ride from Weir to Walburg to shop in the Mercantile 100 years ago. Mom tells of the many buggy rides to St Peters church there. Most of my memories of Walburg was that was about the closest place to buy beer while growing up in Georgetown.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: St Peter cemetery, Walburg - 04/10/23 12:50 AM

I’ve been going there since 1988 when I got back from two and a half years in Germany in the army….

Love that place.
Posted By: tlk

Re: St Peter cemetery, Walburg - 04/10/23 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by freerange
Yes I did. The Mercantile is a unique place. Authentic German food and beer garden.
My Moms full blooded German parents(on the bluebonnet surrounded headstone) took the buggy ride from Weir to Walburg to shop in the Mercantile 100 years ago. Mom tells of the many buggy rides to St Peters church there. Most of my memories of Walburg was that was about the closest place to buy beer while growing up in Georgetown.

yep Becky told me about going there in high school for beer along with Rattlesnake Inn - also driving out Bootys road (which is now underwater at Lake Georgetown) to have beer parties

Re: St Peter cemetery, Walburg - 04/10/23 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by freerange

yep Becky told me about going there in high school for beer along with Rattlesnake Inn - also driving out Bootys road (which is now underwater at Lake Georgetown) to have beer parties

You better not get me started about the good old days in Williamson county……
Posted By: cullbuck

Re: St Peter cemetery, Walburg - 04/10/23 03:45 PM

I used to ride along to Walburg with my grandpa (prolly in the early '70s) to get sausage. I ate alot of that sausage for breakfast with him.
Good memories.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum