Texas Hunting Forum

Another calf on the ground.

Posted By: GUTIT

Another calf on the ground. - 02/25/23 11:38 PM

I knew momma was going to drop any day and yesterday was the day. Good looking heifer calf. Money on the ground. Should be done with calving season in a couple weeks.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: kry226

Re: Another calf on the ground. - 02/25/23 11:41 PM

cheers Awesome, sir.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Another calf on the ground. - 02/25/23 11:45 PM

up up
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Another calf on the ground. - 02/25/23 11:48 PM

Nice looking calf.
I have a friend that just purchased a Gelbvieh bull to replace his Angus one. Looking forward to see what it throws.

Re: Another calf on the ground. - 02/26/23 12:07 AM

This is her sire. He is 1/2 Brahma, 1/4 angus and 1/4 beefmaster. He is leaned out in pic because it was the summer during drought. Momma is a black Brangus out of my V8 Brahman bull and one of my purebred angus cows.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Another calf on the ground. - 02/26/23 07:29 PM

Congrats cheers
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Another calf on the ground. - 02/26/23 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by GUTIT
This is her sire. He is 1/2 Brahma, 1/4 angus and 1/4 beefmaster. He is leaned out in pic because it was the summer during drought. Momma is a black Brangus out of my V8 Brahman bull and one of my purebred angus cows.

[Linked Image]

Has quite a lot of “Gert” look to him.
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: Another calf on the ground. - 02/26/23 09:55 PM

nice

Re: Another calf on the ground. - 02/27/23 01:06 AM

Heard that comment alot. I bred him and know what he is. Look up beefmaster and you will see how much they look like Gerts. I wouldn’t mind a few of them though. Good Texas weather cattle.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Another calf on the ground. - 02/27/23 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by GUTIT
Heard that comment alot. I bred him and know what he is. Look up beefmaster and you will see how much they look like Gerts. I wouldn’t mind a few of them though. Good Texas weather cattle.

It’s the color from the red brangus coupled with length between the shoulders and hips which he got from the Brahma. Good look to that bull.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Another calf on the ground. - 02/27/23 02:32 PM

Great looking calf!
Posted By: Texas452

Re: Another calf on the ground. - 02/27/23 10:44 PM

Ours are still calving and will be for another month, I always enjoy looking at cattle pictures.
Last year’s drought was a tough one.
Posted By: Red Pill

Re: Another calf on the ground. - 02/27/23 11:07 PM

This is great. My friend's longhorns had another one Saturday. Cute little bull calf. Momma will eat out of your hand.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum