Texas Hunting Forum

South Tx Rain Delay

Posted By: ijohnston

South Tx Rain Delay - 11/29/22 04:55 PM

Well this weekend did not go entirely as planned. We headed to the ranch Friday morning even though the weather was nasty. Little did we know the 10 days straight of rain would keep us from even getting into the pasture where we hunt. We made the best of it by setting up Christmas lights and listening to my son play the guitar by the fire. We were finally able to get to the blind on Sunday but were not able to connect with our target buck. It did get hot enough for the snakes to get some sun. 7 hour drive, lots of mud and making memories. Great Time we had!

Still had a great time!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: twdjr

Re: South Tx Rain Delay - 11/29/22 06:14 PM

What a mess.
Posted By: freerange

Re: South Tx Rain Delay - 11/29/22 06:31 PM

Hope these rains will help out going into next year.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: South Tx Rain Delay - 11/30/22 01:38 AM

Shoulda stayed a couple extra days. It was 92° in Kleberg county today. Gale force winds and cooler mañana.
Posted By: Frio Town

Re: South Tx Rain Delay - 11/30/22 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by twdjr
What a mess.

When we have rain like that, nobody goes to the pastures. All you do is make ruts that have to be cleaned up later.

Frio
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: South Tx Rain Delay - 11/30/22 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Frio Town
What a mess.

When we have rain like that, nobody goes to the pastures. All you do is make ruts that have to be cleaned up later.

Frio

Yep, that's pretty much what we do.
Posted By: ijohnston

Re: South Tx Rain Delay - 11/30/22 03:03 AM

Exactly. The oil trucks do enough damage to the main roads. For me it was not worth tearing up the pasture.

Originally Posted by Frio Town
What a mess.

Frio
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: South Tx Rain Delay - 11/30/22 03:31 AM

Same for us, mud, slop & more slop. Got one of my target bucks though. So, it wasn’t a bust.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: South Tx Rain Delay - 11/30/22 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Shoulda stayed a couple extra days. It was 92° in Kleberg county today. Gale force winds and cooler mañana.

Snakes out and about 68???
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: South Tx Rain Delay - 11/30/22 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket

Snakes out and about 68???

I’ve seen them out at 50° in Zapata county. And it was a cloudy day.
Posted By: cullbuck

Re: South Tx Rain Delay - 11/30/22 06:57 PM

We saw a couple indigos out this weekend too that didn't seem to mind sliding through the mud.
Webb county was nasty also.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum