Texas Hunting Forum

Big Lion

Posted By: sparrish8

Big Lion - 08/28/22 04:42 AM

Had an incredible hunt in the Save Valley in Zimbabawe a few weeks ago with Cliff Walker and Collect Africa Safaris, our target animal was obviously Lion which we got on day 3, one of the biggest Lions to ever get killed in the Save Valley, I was able to bring my 14 year old son for his 1st taste of Africa and it did not disappoint, all animals free range in true wild Africa, it was great to see wildlife thriving all being paid for by HUNTERS DOLLARS, the neighboring property had a sustainable population quota of 1800 elephants and had over 4000 on site and 400 were being transported to other propertys in the country, we saw all of the big 5 in 9 days including White Rhino in the wild, their was also Black Rhino around but we did not see them, it was great to be involved in the conservation of such an incredible and iconic species. Without hunters most of these animals WOULD NOT EXIST NO DOUBT IN MY MIND! Can't recommend Cliffs operation enough as the results are proven hunt after hunt. Also shout out to PH Bud Williams for putting in the work and treating us right to help make a memorable hunt of a lifetime.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: kry226

Re: Big Lion - 08/28/22 04:46 AM

Trip of a lifetime right there. Congrats! cheers
Posted By: redhaze

Re: Big Lion - 08/28/22 10:17 AM

Congratulations.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Big Lion - 08/28/22 11:19 AM

Awesome lion! And a great hunt. Congratulations. up I've hunted the Save. Incredible place.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Big Lion - 08/28/22 12:49 PM

Dang sweet!
Posted By: tlk

Re: Big Lion - 08/28/22 01:13 PM

fun trip for sure - great animals!
Posted By: 1955

Re: Big Lion - 08/28/22 01:48 PM

Congratulations
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: Big Lion - 08/28/22 02:57 PM

Looks like a Great Time!
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Big Lion - 08/28/22 03:22 PM

Holy smokes that’s a big cat.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Big Lion - 08/28/22 03:46 PM

That's one beast of a lion. The porcupine it also very nice, I see a whole lot of Bream Floats on his back side.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Big Lion - 08/29/22 10:35 AM

cheers
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Big Lion - 08/31/22 04:07 PM

Wow
That is a big cat for sure
Any idea on live weight??

Great animals.
Congrats cheers
Posted By: 28 Nosler

Re: Big Lion - 09/01/22 01:24 AM

Geez that lion is massive. Congrats on a great hunt. Got my first taste of Africa this year and can't wait to go back.
Posted By: Jroutdoors

Re: Big Lion - 09/01/22 01:36 AM

Very nice animals
Agree 100 percent about the conservation dollars been 5 times
Posted By: HVILLE HNTR

Re: Big Lion - 09/01/22 02:37 AM

As others have said, Congrats on a big cat! Was he hunted over bait or is it spot and stalk? Would love to hear more about the hunt itself if you don’t mind sharing
Posted By: ErikL

Re: Big Lion - 09/01/22 03:04 PM

Great lion. Is it exportable from Zimbabwe back to US?
Posted By: Hayleerae

Re: Big Lion - 09/04/22 02:14 PM

Awesome, congratulations!!
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Big Lion - 09/04/22 02:36 PM

Most Outstanding!!! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Ringtail

Re: Big Lion - 09/06/22 02:24 AM

Heck of an experience with your son to boot!! Great animals with a huge lion! Congratulations!!
Posted By: Black02z28

Re: Big Lion - 09/08/22 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by ErikL

Curious about that as well, I remember seeing a bunch of hoopla about it a while back.

Either way, congrats on a huge Simba and one heck of a trip!
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Big Lion - 09/08/22 08:29 PM

Good stuff man!
Posted By: JDH875

Re: Big Lion - 09/09/22 01:53 PM

Congratulations! Awesome memories and trophies! Well done sir!
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Big Lion - 09/09/22 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Black02z28

Curious about that as well, I remember seeing a bunch of hoopla about it a while back.

It appears that it can be imported at this time however there is a section in the fy2023 budget of the Interior Department that would make it illegal it import from this country if it is passed. I wonder how that would effect this as it was taken before that would go into effect but as I understand when you hunt in Africa you usually don’t receive your animals until the next year.
Posted By: Eland Slayer

Re: Big Lion - 09/12/22 06:54 PM

Great looking cat! Congratulations.
Posted By: DeerTamales

Re: Big Lion - 09/13/22 08:35 PM

That's amazing and so cool for your son to be able to go!
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: Big Lion - 09/22/22 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Lakhota
Originally Posted by Black02z28

It appears that it can be imported at this time however there is a section in the fy2023 budget of the Interior Department that would make it illegal it import from this country if it is passed. I wonder how that would effect this as it was taken before that would go into effect but as I understand when you hunt in Africa you usually don’t receive your animals until the next year.

Working on getting my paperwork submitted now so if theirs a legislation chnage and you permits already submitted it can still get in, any chnage would be after that date not allowing these legally hunted Lions into the US ,this would be devastating to these magnificent animals, I saw first hand how hunters dollars protect these killing machines
Posted By: Leadsh2

Re: Big Lion - 09/28/22 03:48 AM

Congratulations on the Lion, and the priceless memory of going with your son. I took my son when he was 19yr, great memory!
Posted By: bigsky

Re: Big Lion - 09/30/22 01:54 AM

Well done! That’s quite a specimen, and free range. Thanks for sharing
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Big Lion - 09/30/22 12:55 PM

Short mane big lions warm my heart!! Beautiful animal, congrats
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum