Posted By: Hudbone

A heck no - 11/15/21 05:38 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: A heck no - 11/15/21 05:43 PM

As long as someone's holding the ladder. up
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: A heck no - 11/15/21 07:19 PM

I would not want to be the guy who has the liability policy for that business..... whistle
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: A heck no - 11/15/21 07:22 PM

I'm far from wealthy but I don't need money bad enough to get me up that ladder.
Posted By: Grosvenor

Re: A heck no - 11/15/21 07:22 PM

good grief, just wait until the car is moved and ladder up to the built-in
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: A heck no - 11/15/21 07:35 PM

Nope
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: A heck no - 11/15/21 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Grosvenor
good grief, just wait until the car is moved and ladder up to the built-in

Right for this scenario, but think of those poor painters and roofers that do 2 and 3 story places. When I was young, I'd be right up that ladder, no problem. Now, I can barely hang Christmas lights on my 1 story or trim the tree without getting...concerned.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: A heck no - 11/15/21 07:50 PM

bet it didn't vibrate much when the freight train went by
Posted By: redchevy

Re: A heck no - 11/15/21 08:10 PM

Few years ago they put a new roof on the 2 story office next door. 2 couldn't have been more 18 year old kids packed all the shingles up by hand. They couldn't have been much more than 5 foot tall and 120 lbs but they threw 2 flats of shingles over a shoulder and started walking up that latter, no hand on the latter. I watched for a few minutes. Them kids were like machines.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: A heck no - 11/15/21 08:11 PM

F@#$ that loser8
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: A heck no - 11/15/21 09:37 PM

Nope!
Posted By: Heavy T

Re: A heck no - 11/15/21 10:34 PM

I've been higher than that and my feet never left the ground !!!!
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: A heck no - 11/15/21 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Heavy T
I've been higher than that and my feet never left the ground !!!!

Me Too! cool2
Posted By: 68A

Re: A heck no - 11/15/21 11:55 PM

The wire behind them would be a bigger concern for me.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: A heck no - 11/16/21 12:15 AM

Nope
Posted By: 1955

Re: A heck no - 11/16/21 12:24 AM

Nope , I’m out !
Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: A heck no - 11/16/21 12:43 AM

Went to help the old men change light bulbs in the church one day..... they used 3 wooden straight ladders from the fire dept..... two made an A frame, and a 3rd went vertical from there.... tied them together with two dress belts..... said they'd done it that way for years.....
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: A heck no - 11/16/21 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by sig226fan (Rguns.com)
Went to help the old men change light bulbs in the church one day..... they used 3 wooden straight ladders from the fire dept..... two made an A frame, and a 3rd went vertical from there.... tied them together with two dress belts..... said they'd done it that way for years.....

Men at church that know better than everyone else (and I mean EVERYONE) is a whole separate subject.
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: A heck no - 11/16/21 01:17 AM

LoL, I don’t climb any higher than the running boards on my truck.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: A heck no - 11/16/21 02:01 AM

Back in the day I had no problem with that height, but I’d be packing a fiberglass ladder. I carried a 28’ on my truck, that one in the pic is a 32’. If I needed a 32’ I could usually borrow one. Borrowed one from an old timer, it was a wooden 32’er. It was dang heavy. I got bold enough, that if I could get my ‘83 Toyota in a good position, I’d set my 28’ fiberglass in the bed in order to get some extra height.
I took my 28’ fiberglass ladder to the city trash disposal a few months ago. Just too difficult to carry anymore.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: A heck no - 11/16/21 02:28 AM

NO WAY. Not now at least.

'Maybe' when I younger but probably not then either. That is what bucket trucks are for.

At my age now (67) I hate to think of what a fall of even 10' would do. I don't bounce very well any more and bones are brittle.

Sheesssh....I'd be so "Humpty Dumptied" they never would get me put back together again.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RevolverFan

Re: A heck no - 11/16/21 02:34 AM

That’s a no for me
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: A heck no - 11/16/21 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by flintknapper

'Maybe' when I younger but probably not then either. That is what bucket trucks are for.

At my age now (67) I hate to think of what a fall of even 10' would do. I don't bounce very well any more and bones are brittle.

Sheesssh....I'd be so "Humpty Dumptied" they never would get me put back together again.

[Linked Image]

I agree about not doing it now. But you can’t always get a bucket truck to every location.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: A heck no - 11/16/21 03:18 AM

I would rather go up that ladder than the built-in. Straight up ladders are scary, but at least you can harness-up and tie onto something secure.
I saw a guy painting the eave of a 4 story apartment building in Austin, he was higher than that. We went up and down the ladder like it was no big deal, while holding a bucket of paint.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: A heck no - 11/16/21 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Originally Posted by flintknapper

[Linked Image]

I agree about not doing it now. But you can’t always get a bucket truck to every location.

True. But I guarantee you THAT sign was put up and serviced with a crane and bucket truck. Plenty of room around that one.

LONG ladders to service advertising signs is not the 'norm' for a reason.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: A heck no - 11/16/21 12:16 PM

Hard pass. bang
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: A heck no - 11/16/21 12:59 PM

Reminded me of when my pup locked the dead bolt on my 3rd floor apartment. put a 20' ladder on the hood of my truck to get on the balcony. rofl
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: A heck no - 11/16/21 01:05 PM

In my younger days, that would be no problem. I have climbed refinery towers since I was 19. It was fun to take a green hand up a really skinny one and get it swaying several feet. They would either beg you to stop or threaten to beat your a$$ when they got back to the ground.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: A heck no - 11/16/21 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
Few years ago they put a new roof on the 2 story office next door. 2 couldn't have been more 18 year old kids packed all the shingles up by hand. They couldn't have been much more than 5 foot tall and 120 lbs but they threw 2 flats of shingles over a shoulder and started walking up that latter, no hand on the latter. I watched for a few minutes. Them kids were like machines.

I watched some hot tar roofers doing it that way years ago. Ladder against the edge of a warehouse, bucket in each hand and up they went.

Years ago I worked nights running a press. Had 2 meth heads on my crew. One night it was slow and they decided to replace lights in the ceiling. That company had no man lift so these guys put a 10' ladder on a stack of pallets and up the younger one went via forklift. That stack was like a slinky, back and forth. I couldn't watch anymore for fear I'd have an image in my head for life that was ugly. I went outside for a smoke break. The kid survived and the shop was bright.
Posted By: Jroutdoors

Re: A heck no - 11/17/21 03:51 AM

That is why he gets the big bucks
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum