Age guess 2

Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Age guess 2 - 10/22/21 04:40 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Age guess 2 - 10/22/21 11:21 AM

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Age guess 2 - 10/22/21 11:42 AM

3 or 4 but a really bad pic to age from.
Posted By: don k

Re: Age guess 2 - 10/22/21 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by stxranchman

I am with Ranchman on this one. To me he has a head of a deer that old. Deers faces change as they age as well as their bodies.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Age guess 2 - 10/22/21 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by don k

I am with Ranchman on this one. To me he has a head of a deer that old. Deers faces change as they age as well as their bodies.

X2
Posted By: DukeCigars

Re: Age guess 2 - 10/22/21 03:01 PM

Yea my instinct was 3. Don’t think his neck is rounded out quite enough for a 4. I’ve got a couple guys on my cams that look very similar and we’re supposed to hit 3.5+ and I’m letting them sail til next year
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Age guess 2 - 10/22/21 03:45 PM

3.5 imo
Posted By: ErikL

Re: Age guess 2 - 10/22/21 03:46 PM

My first thought was very old, but I’ll defer to others and agree if not real old (6+) then under 4.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Age guess 2 - 10/22/21 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by DukeCigars

Yea my instinct was 3. Don’t think his neck is rounded out quite enough for a 4. I’ve got a couple guys on my cams that look very similar and we’re supposed to hit 3.5+ and I’m letting them sail til next year

Not knowing the date of the pic and the angle the buck is standing at makes it difficult to see much else to go by. If that pic is 3-4 weeks old then he is going to look different in 2 weeks. It is hard to get couple of perfect broadside cam pics of a deer to judge them by. Each pic in a series can and does make them look different. I am guessing by the cover in the pics this is not George's South Texas ranch but his ranch closer to home.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Age guess 2 - 10/22/21 05:36 PM

Post more pics of this one please.
I'm sticking with 2 until more pics of him are posted.

Deer is crouching down which makes him look much more short legged than he is and has his mouth open making his head look odd and more blocky than it is.
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Age guess 2 - 10/23/21 04:38 PM

Yeah - this was a cruddy pic to age from - but all I had. I’m hoping to go through the other cards and find a better one and/or series and will post them up.

Correct, STX - This was in central TX, and a within the last handful of days. (Hope you’re doing well!)
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum