Texas Hunting Forum

Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up

Posted By: ntxtrapper

Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/26/21 01:15 AM

200 yards from my front door.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/26/21 01:31 AM

Trap and feed a few out

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/26/21 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Trap and feed a few out

They eat so much corn as it is they stay ready for the smoker.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/26/21 02:26 AM

Some fat Porkers.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/26/21 02:58 AM

Good lord man you got some work to do
Posted By: Blank

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/26/21 03:12 AM

If you only get one shot.....

[Linked Image]

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/26/21 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Biscuit
Good lord man you got some work to do

I know. I retired and moved to my ranch and found their numbers have increased dramatically.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/26/21 07:36 AM

grill
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/26/21 11:30 AM

rifle
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/26/21 11:43 AM

I am a lover of bacon myself. food
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/26/21 12:35 PM

I'd lose sleep over that many hogs....I hate hogs. Got a few showing in the daylight now the last 2 days.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/26/21 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Blank
If you only get one shot.....

[Linked Image]

That’s funny!
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/26/21 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Trap and feed a few out

They eat so much corn as it is they stay ready for the smoker.

Why aren't they dead?
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/26/21 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
200 yards from my front door.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I feel for you.

I shoot them from my back porch on occasion.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/26/21 03:53 PM

Looks like you need to build a big trap.

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/26/21 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Espy
Looks like you need to build a big trap.

^^^^^

Definitely the best way to get them.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
up
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/26/21 09:56 PM

My target hog when the weather gets cool.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/26/21 09:57 PM

That’s a good one ole rabbit
Posted By: Schpanky

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/26/21 10:57 PM

Houston.....we have a problem

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/27/21 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Old Rabbit
My target hog when the weather gets cool.
[Linked Image]

Me too. I call her "camo pig".

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1955

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/27/21 11:35 AM

grill
Posted By: Texican

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/27/21 03:53 PM

flintknapper - what kind of door is that?

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/27/21 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Texican

Saloon Door. Made by Boss Hawg

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/27/21 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by flintknapper
Originally Posted by Texican

Saloon Door. Made by Boss Hawg

[Linked Image]

I emailed them a while back about their single corral trap door. The picture on their website is from 2006. 'Never heard squat back. (Their whole website has obviously been neglected for a long time.) Everyone around me that deals in their traps has told me they get them from Buttery in Llano. I'm not driving to Llano, if I even could get them to understand what I want. I can get it built by a guy I know. (Forgive me, I'm just a little tired of talking to goobers and gooberettes at feed stores. Yeehaw.)

It's simple, don't put email on your "Contact Us" page, if you're not gonna answer it. bang
Posted By: Stub

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 08/27/21 10:11 PM

Shootem whenever I can, do not like to eat them until mid January- April after some good solid freezes have cleared some of the bugs and parasites off of them.
Posted By: Birdboy

Re: Well, I'm not going to starve if the meat shortages start back up - 09/02/21 05:32 PM

Looks fun!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum