Texas Hunting Forum

Another what is it?

Posted By: stxranchman

Another what is it? - 08/11/21 12:45 AM

Not 100% sure what this is but I think it is a housecat. Closest house is 1.5 miles away, so not that far but I do not think they have any cats. It is a poor night pic at that which does not help and when you zoom in it becomes very blurry/distorted/pixelated. I can not tell much about the ears to tell if they are just pinned back or they are small. The nose appears to be more pointed but the dark color is not helping. Can't see the tail well enough either. Body appears to be more the shape of a raccoon but can't see much detail with the weeds/grass. To big for a ringtail. I have seen a few coons and porcupines on TC at the feed pens. I have not had but one pic of a coon in the last 3 weeks. Have not had a porcupine on cams in almost 2 weeks. Lot of foxes and skunks in this area but I do not get many on trail cams for some reason.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Another what is it? - 08/11/21 01:23 AM

Looks like a raccoons face to me
Posted By: Frio Town

Re: Another what is it? - 08/11/21 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by stxranchman
Not 100% sure what this is but I think it is a housecat. Closest house is 1.5 miles away, so not that far but I do not think they have any cats. It is a poor night pic at that which does not help and when you zoom in it becomes very blurry/distorted/pixelated. I can not tell much about the ears to tell if they are just pinned back or they are small. The nose appears to be more pointed but the dark color is not helping. Can't see the tail well enough either. Body appears to be more the shape of a raccoon but can't see much detail with the weeds/grass. To big for a ringtail. I have seen a few coons and porcupines on TC at the feed pens. I have not had but one pic of a coon in the last 3 weeks. Have not had a porcupine on cams in almost 2 weeks. Lot of foxes and skunks in this area but I do not get many on trail cams for some reason.
[Linked Image]

Our nearest neighbor is several miles away and none of them have cats yet we get ferals from time to time. Actually we have one right now. It's probably a gato.

Frio

Re: Another what is it? - 08/11/21 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Frio Town
Originally Posted by stxranchman
[Linked Image]

Our nearest neighbor is several miles away and none of them have cats yet we get ferals from time to time. Actually we have one right now. It's probably a gato.

Frio

I have had that happen many times before also. Just not seen any on cams or in person yet.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Another what is it? - 08/11/21 02:10 AM

Cudi
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Another what is it? - 08/11/21 03:03 AM

Civet! lol.
Posted By: RevolverFan

Re: Another what is it? - 08/11/21 03:33 AM

One more vote for coon
Posted By: HTXdude123

Re: Another what is it? - 08/11/21 04:15 AM

Jaguarundi !
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Another what is it? - 08/11/21 10:28 AM

If you'd keep it trimmed and better manicured there, you would have a better we would have a more clear perspective.

Re: Another what is it? - 08/11/21 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
If you'd keep it trimmed and better manicured there, you would have a better we would have a more clear perspective.

You hired...$7.25/hr and you use your own vehicle, bring own weedeater/mower and I will provide the bean, venison and tortillas...you cook. grin
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Another what is it? - 08/11/21 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by RevolverFan
One more vote for coon

me to
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Another what is it? - 08/11/21 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
Originally Posted by RevolverFan
One more vote for coon

me to

X3
Posted By: Vern1

Re: Another what is it? - 08/11/21 01:46 PM

Photo of a UWO* taken using the same quality camera UFO and Bigfoot researchers use?
*UWO: Unidentifiable Walking Object

OK, time for more coffee!
Posted By: Jroutdoors

Re: Another what is it? - 08/11/21 04:27 PM

Coon also
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Another what is it? - 08/11/21 07:56 PM

Coon or a Possum
Posted By: Stub

Re: Another what is it? - 08/11/21 08:27 PM

confused2
Posted By: rob valle

Re: Another what is it? - 08/12/21 01:46 PM

You could always go to the waters edge and look at the tracks. If you see little hands, it's either raccoon or possum. Probably raccoon.

Re: Another what is it? - 08/12/21 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by rob valle
You could always go to the waters edge and look at the tracks. If you see little hands, it's either raccoon or possum. Probably raccoon.

My plans were to do that the next trip up there either today or tomorrow. The water level will rise since this an overflow from the water storage tanks...the well is solar.
Posted By: pdugas

Re: Another what is it? - 08/12/21 02:01 PM

Small pig maybe ???
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum