Texas Hunting Forum

Could be a good year

Posted By: Sparta

Could be a good year - 07/28/21 03:20 PM

Went out this weekend and put out the cameras. Starting to see a few decent ones pop up.

This guy is a haus

[Linked Image]

Couple of up and comers. Should be really nice in the next year or two:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Could be a good year - 07/28/21 03:22 PM

Love the shape of that bottom rack.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Could be a good year - 07/28/21 03:23 PM

cheers Top buck is a good looking buck. I am surprised at the quality and number of good bucks I have seen so far on my cams in the Hill Country.
Posted By: Sparta

Re: Could be a good year - 07/28/21 03:26 PM

We've had pretty consistent rain all year. Combine that with the protein they have been scarfing down and I think we could see a few record (for our ranch) bucks.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Could be a good year - 07/28/21 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sparta
We've had pretty consistent rain all year. Combine that with the protein they have been scarfing down and I think we could see a few record (for our ranch) bucks.

McCulloch County has gotten some really good rains...just in certain areas they have had much more. Just NW of town, just west of town and also south of town towards the river have had a lot more rain than the rest of the county. It rained yesterday SW and south of town close to the river. Parts of Mason county had good rains but north of town up to the McCulloch county line has had really good rains the last week or so. I see a lot of really big deer coming out the hill county this year if the deer came out of the rut in good shape or had access to protein post rut. It hit 100 over the weekend and on Monday this week in Brady and Mason...little cooler in Gillespie though. Drier in Gillespie than in the counties to the north.
Posted By: Daniel Boone

Re: Could be a good year - 07/28/21 04:12 PM

Those are nice bucks.
Posted By: 1955

Re: Could be a good year - 07/28/21 04:46 PM

Awesome pics !
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Could be a good year - 07/28/21 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
Love the shape of that bottom rack.

Me to!

And I believe the bigger deer in the top pic has just about the same type of antler configuration but it is a little harder to tell that with his head down like it is.

Great looking buck for sure.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Could be a good year - 07/28/21 05:46 PM

Change good to great a end you have a great title.
Posted By: twdjr

Re: Could be a good year - 07/28/21 05:53 PM

Looking good.
Posted By: Big8

Re: Could be a good year - 07/28/21 06:01 PM

coolpics
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Could be a good year - 07/28/21 06:13 PM

Good luck up
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Could be a good year - 07/28/21 07:43 PM

Great pic