Texas Hunting Forum

Delicious!!

Posted By: BassBuster1

Delicious!! - 06/28/21 02:52 AM

Taters, onions, green beans, rosemary from the garden and back strap from a small South Texas doe!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Delicious!! - 06/28/21 02:54 AM

Yep, looks great!!
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Delicious!! - 06/28/21 02:58 AM

cheers food
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Delicious!! - 06/28/21 02:58 AM

food
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Delicious!! - 06/28/21 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by TEXASLEFTY
Yep, looks great!!
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Delicious!! - 06/28/21 12:50 PM

👍👍
Posted By: Schpanky

Re: Delicious!! - 06/28/21 01:08 PM

food Nice. That looks fantastic!
Posted By: twdjr

Re: Delicious!! - 06/28/21 02:34 PM

Looking good
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Delicious!! - 06/28/21 02:57 PM

Would. food
Posted By: mbavo

Re: Delicious!! - 06/28/21 04:41 PM

Looks delicious!
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Delicious!! - 06/28/21 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Would. food

Would too.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Delicious!! - 06/28/21 08:05 PM

Don't see why you had to post this OP!
Damnit...every time I open it up I get more and more hungry.
lol

Look unbelievable!

For any of you guys who've never done a backstrap this way, try it. It was shown to me on a guide trip one year by a guy from Pennsylvania.

Take a fresh backstrap and clean it up really good getting all the tendon off of it.
Slice it every 1/4"-1/3" down like you are cutting steaks out of it but do not cut all the way through it. Leave about 1/3" at the bottom intact.
Once cut then fold it out like an accordion and place into a bowl large enough to accommodate it so that it stays folded out inside that bowl.
Pour a bottle of italian dressing over it and set it back into the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or so...the longer the better.
Take it out when you are ready to cook it on the pit and with it still folded out into a circle season it up with whatever your favorite steak seasoning is.
Get a hot bed of coals into your pit (I use mesquite). I like my temp at at least 450 but even hotter is good.
Fold it back together in a straight line like it was before slicing it and put it over those hot coals.
Roll it around on the pit and get the outside seared really good.
Take it off and enjoy.

It is better than ANY ribeye steak I've ever had but the trick is to eat it rare to medium-rare.

I've had backstrap cooked many ways including stuffing it with peppers and cream cheese and wrapping in bacon which is very good but this way blows the doors off of it if you are a steak lover.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Delicious!! - 06/28/21 09:16 PM

I could be there next time you cook!
Posted By: BassBuster1

Re: Delicious!! - 06/29/21 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
Don't see why you had to post this OP!
Damnit...every time I open it up I get more and more hungry.
lol

Look unbelievable!

For any of you guys who've never done a backstrap this way, try it. It was shown to me on a guide trip one year by a guy from Pennsylvania.

Take a fresh backstrap and clean it up really good getting all the tendon off of it.
Slice it every 1/4"-1/3" down like you are cutting steaks out of it but do not cut all the way through it. Leave about 1/3" at the bottom intact.
Once cut then fold it out like an accordion and place into a bowl large enough to accommodate it so that it stays folded out inside that bowl.
Pour a bottle of italian dressing over it and set it back into the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or so...the longer the better.
Take it out when you are ready to cook it on the pit and with it still folded out into a circle season it up with whatever your favorite steak seasoning is.
Get a hot bed of coals into your pit (I use mesquite). I like my temp at at least 450 but even hotter is good.
Fold it back together in a straight line like it was before slicing it and put it over those hot coals.
Roll it around on the pit and get the outside seared really good.
Take it off and enjoy.

It is better than ANY ribeye steak I've ever had but the trick is to eat it rare to medium-rare.

I've had backstrap cooked many ways including stuffing it with peppers and cream cheese and wrapping in bacon which is very good but this way blows the doors off of it if you are a steak lover.

I marinate chicken like that, never done deer meat that way but I am certainly going to try it! Sounds awesome!!

I love meals where we pretty much grew or shot or caught whatever we are eating. It is very rewarding, not to mention really tasty!
Posted By: 1955

Re: Delicious!! - 06/29/21 01:32 AM

Awesome,looks tasty ! chef
Posted By: slow944

Re: Delicious!! - 06/29/21 02:42 AM

My son fixed almost the exact dish for Father's Day, except we had parslied potatoes. Dang it was tasty..
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Delicious!! - 06/29/21 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by BassBuster1

I marinate chicken like that, never done deer meat that way but I am certainly going to try it! Sounds awesome!!

I love meals where we pretty much grew or shot or caught whatever we are eating. It is very rewarding, not to mention really tasty!

BB, if you are beef steak lover, you will definitely love backstrap this way. Just do not overcook it! It has to be no more than medium rare.
Posted By: Speny713

Re: Delicious!! - 06/29/21 04:27 PM

I think I've got dinner planned for tomorrow now... Thanks!
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Delicious!! - 06/29/21 04:51 PM

Gonna try with the rosemary next time. Looks great.
Posted By: pop r

Re: Delicious!! - 06/30/21 04:30 PM

food up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum