Texas Hunting Forum

Ruger Max-9

Posted By: gary roberson

Ruger Max-9 - 05/27/21 09:04 PM

I have been playing with the newly released Ruger Max-9 and must say, that I am much impressed at this point. The slim design allows me to stick it in my britches for quick and easy carry and overall length is about like my hand. I like the trigger, sights (front is fiber optic), feel and most of all accuracy.
I have been looking for a 9MM that was small enough to carry comfortably as I am not a huge fan of the smaller calibers. Now I am afraid that Miss Deb is going to take it away from me.
Adios,
Gary [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Ruger Max-9 - 05/27/21 09:39 PM

Looks deadly.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Ruger Max-9 - 05/27/21 09:48 PM

Nice
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Ruger Max-9 - 05/27/21 10:39 PM

Looks like a winner.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Ruger Max-9 - 05/27/21 10:52 PM

Bet that would be comfortable to carry up
Posted By: Pupjoint

Re: Ruger Max-9 - 05/28/21 02:47 PM

How many rounds does it hold, sorry if I missed it
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Ruger Max-9 - 05/28/21 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pupjoint
How many rounds does it hold, sorry if I missed it

I believe it holds up to 12

Re: Ruger Max-9 - 05/28/21 04:00 PM

Gary, how would you compare it to the S&W M&P Shield??

Re: Ruger Max-9 - 05/28/21 04:14 PM

I have never shot the S&W M&P Shield so I can't say. A buddy who shoots a handgun very little wanted to shoot this one and he was amazed how accurate he could shoot. He had just purchased a full size 9MM of another brand and said that he was so inaccurate, that he was hesitant to carry.
Adios,
Gary

Re: Ruger Max-9 - 05/28/21 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by gary roberson
I have never shot the S&W M&P Shield so I can't say. A buddy who shoots a handgun very little wanted to shoot this one and he was amazed how accurate he could shoot. He had just purchased a full size 9MM of another brand and said that he was so inaccurate, that he was hesitant to carry.
Adios,
Gary

I am going to have to try one out for sure.
Thanks for the info on it.

It does look like it would be easy to carry for sure. Probably a little easier than the .40 I usually have but I really like the way it shoots so I typically have it.

Re: Ruger Max-9 - 05/28/21 07:54 PM

When I look at the S&W M&P Shield, I would have to say that it appears to compare to the Security 9 Compact in size. This pistol is going to be considerably narrower and most likely a little lighter.
I shoot the Security 9 Compact quite a bit and really like for accuracy but not sure that I don't shoot the Max-9 as well. I am strange when it comes to accuracy with a pistol. The length of barrel doesn't seem to affect me as much on semi-auto pistols as it does with revolvers. I have SR-22s in both barrel lengths and not sure that I don't shoot the shorter one more accurately.
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: TexShooter101

Re: Ruger Max-9 - 05/29/21 05:00 PM

How is this one compared to LC9s?
A buddy of mine had the LC9s for few years and he loved that piece. I may tell him about this one if it significantly better.
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Ruger Max-9 - 06/04/21 04:54 PM

I'm currently looking for a 9mm compact pistol and so far I'm thinking that this pistol fills the bill for me. I just need to find one so I can have my wife see how it fits her hands. We may both need one!!!

Re: Ruger Max-9 - 06/04/21 05:00 PM

If you're coming through Menard, I will let you handle this one..
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Ruger Max-9 - 06/04/21 07:42 PM

I like it! Thanks for posting it up!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum