Posted By: RevolverFan

Re: Yellowstone - 05/13/21 01:16 AM

Amazing
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Yellowstone - 05/13/21 01:30 AM

Amazing piece of Creation
Posted By: Blank

Re: Yellowstone - 05/13/21 04:02 AM

I never tire of going into the Parks. Beautiful areas!!
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Yellowstone - 05/13/21 10:32 AM

Oh my!
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Yellowstone - 05/13/21 10:46 AM

Those are great pics, thanks for posting them up!
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Yellowstone - 05/13/21 11:29 AM

Great pics of what is certainly the most beautiful park we've ever gotten to so far.
It's been 26 years and those pics make me want to make a return visit. We always wanted to take the kids but could never seem to find the time and now they are grown. damm
Posted By: Stub

Re: Yellowstone - 05/13/21 11:30 AM

Beautiful mother nature at her finest up
Posted By: GPS

Re: Yellowstone - 05/13/21 12:23 PM

One of the most beautiful places on the earth. My wife and I are planning a trip in July.
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Yellowstone - 05/13/21 01:39 PM

One of my favorite places on the planet. Can't wait to go there again!!!
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Yellowstone - 05/13/21 02:10 PM

Beautiful creation for sure
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Yellowstone - 05/13/21 02:11 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: twdjr

Re: Yellowstone - 05/13/21 02:22 PM

Nice!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Yellowstone - 05/13/21 02:57 PM

Beautiful!
Posted By: Papa Stan

Re: Yellowstone - 05/13/21 03:51 PM

Awesome pics, thanks. up
Posted By: Birdboy

Re: Yellowstone - 05/13/21 05:35 PM

WOW! great pics!
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Yellowstone - 05/13/21 07:52 PM

God willing... One of these days I'll make my journey to witness the beauty of Yellowstone.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Yellowstone - 05/13/21 07:53 PM

Great place we are planning a trip next year
Posted By: Ringtail

Re: Yellowstone - 05/13/21 10:46 PM

My wife and I as well as our two grown sons, one daughter-in-law and a girlfriend all went in June of 2019. Was snowing heavily at times even in late June especially at Old Faithful. Incredible beauty and got to see two different grizzlies up close and a moose in our yard at our cabin! Great fun!

Re: Yellowstone - 05/14/21 12:16 AM

We need to go back. We were there July 2019. Saw lots of Buffalo, and one deer. No elk or bears.
[Linked Image]

Re: Yellowstone - 05/14/21 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ringtail
My wife and I as well as our two grown sons, one daughter-in-law and a girlfriend all went in June of 2019. Was snowing heavily at times even in late June especially at Old Faithful. Incredible beauty and got to see two different grizzlies up close and a moose in our yard at our cabin! Great fun!

Where did y’all stay?
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Yellowstone - 05/14/21 02:32 AM

coolpics
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Yellowstone - 05/14/21 02:47 AM

Bucket list item for me. I would like to take my kids one day, maybe my Grandson. I have no idea of what that trip might cost - driving (lodging etc), I need to look into. Would be a great Summer vacation, I think.
Posted By: JCO

Re: Yellowstone - 05/14/21 02:52 AM

I don’t know what I’m waiting for. Simply beautiful.
Posted By: leswad

Re: Yellowstone - 05/14/21 03:21 AM

Seem to be very blessed on this trip. Lone wolf that was collared. He was on the opposite side of the river, took a swim and headed our way.

Re: Yellowstone - 05/14/21 04:06 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Yellowstone - 05/14/21 04:23 AM

Incredible.

I need to get out more.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Yellowstone - 05/14/21 05:01 AM

I keep saying I'm going to, Still haven't gone.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Yellowstone - 05/14/21 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Pope&Young
God willing... One of these days I'll make my journey to witness the beauty of Yellowstone.

Me too!
Posted By: SowHntr

Re: Yellowstone - 05/14/21 01:53 PM

I told my wife we don’t do it again. Traffic is horrible in that place. Makes me feel like I’m sitting in Dallas tracffic, but with a nicer view.

Re: Yellowstone - 05/14/21 01:55 PM

We spent 2 full days driving around the park. Still didn’t see it all.
Posted By: Red Pill

Re: Yellowstone - 05/14/21 02:02 PM

We were planning to go in June, but I looked and many of the places (especially to eat) were closed or serving "grab and go" only. We decided to vacation elsewhere this year. We went back in 19998, I think, and it was marvelous.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Yellowstone - 05/14/21 03:02 PM

we are going 5 July
we are staying in Cooke City, Montana
what is the waterfall?

Re: Yellowstone - 05/14/21 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
We spent 2 full days driving around the park. Still didn’t see it all.

No doubt about that

We spent 4 days inside Yellowstone and put nearly 1,000 miles on my wife's little trailblazer. Enjoyed every single mile to. I spoke to one of the rangers when we got there and asked what was the best way to see a bear. HIs answer was to drive along the yellow stone river and watch the valley elk herds and how they were acting. He said if you saw a herd acting nervous to stop, get out, and start scanning. I ended up seeing 3 grizzly bears and 2 blacks in the park.

My suggestion to anyone going is not just a good pair of binocs, but a fairly good spotting scope as well so that once you spot one you can get a much better view of them. Of the 3 grizzlies I saw the closest was probably nearly 1/2 mile.

Re: Yellowstone - 05/14/21 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by butch sanders
we are going 5 July
we are staying in Cooke City, Montana
what is the waterfall?

There are quite a few in the park but the two major ones are the upper and lower falls on the yellowstone. The one the OP posted here I believe is the lower falls
Posted By: 1955

Re: Yellowstone - 05/14/21 07:53 PM

Thanks coolpics
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Yellowstone - 05/14/21 09:33 PM

I have a Windberg painting of the water fall.
Posted By: TexShooter101

Re: Yellowstone - 05/15/21 03:34 AM

Never went there.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Yellowstone - 05/16/21 10:18 PM

CBS news just did a piece on travel and camping in that general area.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Yellowstone - 05/16/21 11:13 PM

I took the wife about six years ago. It was awesome. Plenty of wildlife and Japanese tourist. Cameras everywhere.
Binoculars and a spotting scope is a must.

Re: Yellowstone - 05/17/21 12:13 AM

if possible, I highly recommend traveling to the park when school is in session. It can get unbelievably crowded during the summer.
Posted By: esnow74

Re: Yellowstone - 05/17/21 12:24 AM

The wolf video looked like Lamar Valley, if so he was probably headed back to the den up from the Marge Simpson tree. Last August I spent several mornings and evenings watching the pack by the Marge Simpson tree. The area is like a nursery for the pups and at times would see upwards of 17 wolves playing in that area, even had bison, antelope and grizzly come through on occasion. One evening the pack took off after a bison, chased it out of site but returned with large chunks to feed the pups. I can not wait to go back and watch some more.

Re: Yellowstone - 05/17/21 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by esnow74
The wolf video looked like Lamar Valley, if so he was probably headed back to the den up from the Marge Simpson tree. Last August I spent several mornings and evenings watching the pack by the Marge Simpson tree. The area is like a nursery for the pups and at times would see upwards of 17 wolves playing in that area, even had bison, antelope and grizzly come through on occasion. One evening the pack took off after a bison, chased it out of site but returned with large chunks to feed the pups. I can not wait to go back and watch some more.

Correct. We were pretty far east from the slough creek den, which we heard has pack size of 30.
Posted By: Hirogen

Re: Yellowstone - 05/17/21 02:10 AM

Spent a week there 12 years ago. Pulled the trailer and stayed at the KOA in West Yellowstone. Beautiful part of the world. Was part of a 10,000 mile 6 week road trip. Left Ontario and drove straight to Carlsbad for a a week. From there headed to Grand Canyon for a week. From there RMNP for a week. From there Yellowstone for a week. From there Glacier for a week. From there home.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Yellowstone - 05/17/21 11:29 AM

Go west young man, go west.

Re: Yellowstone - 05/17/21 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Hirogen
Spent a week there 12 years ago. Pulled the trailer and stayed at the KOA in West Yellowstone. Beautiful part of the world. Was part of a 10,000 mile 6 week road trip. Left Ontario and drove straight to Carlsbad for a a week. From there headed to Grand Canyon for a week. From there RMNP for a week. From there Yellowstone for a week. From there Glacier for a week. From there home.

Wow
Now that is covering some miles.

Glacier is also magnificent. We spent 4 days there as well with one of them across the border in Waterton.
Posted By: Kill Box ALPHA

Re: Yellowstone - 05/19/21 02:37 PM

Awesome photos.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Yellowstone - 05/19/21 03:38 PM

Beautiful! Went there in the 90's as well a Yosemite.
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Yellowstone - 05/19/21 04:24 PM

Early summer is best for crowds but not all things may be accessible or open. September is best for elk viewing, They'll be rutting everywhere.
I believe Teton County finally lessened some restrictions, they have been more covid restricted than most of the state.
Cody side is nice for lodging, have stayed in Pahaska Teepee cabins and in Cody.

Mid summer the park will be very crowded but should not be near the hoards of foreign tourists this year I think unless all restrictions get lifted.
I does take days to see the whole park, but you could plan on seeing the main attractions and then hit some neat areas outside the park too in a week.

For those travelling up in July, be aware Cheyenne Frontier Days goes on 3rd week or so and lodging in this area is scarce then. We are about a good days drive from DFW, so a stopping off spot for many in Cheyenne and here in Laramie.

Bring your jacket whenever you come.

Great pics sir, thank you !
Posted By: team tejas

Re: Yellowstone - 05/22/21 05:34 AM

Wow
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum