Texas Hunting Forum

Oldest grandson and his dad’s turkeys

Posted By: bigjoe8565

Oldest grandson and his dad’s turkeys - 04/12/21 05:10 PM

My oldest grandson and his dad doubled up yesterday on turkey. My grandson was hunting and I told my Som in Law to bring his gun too. I said to my SIL it’s a possibility they could both get a bird if multiple tom’s show up.
Sure enough, multiple hens and toms showed up. My grandson dropped his bird with one shot from a .410 and another Tom circled back to fight/attack/spur my grandson’s bird. My Son in Law shot the other bird, but didn’t drop it. What ensued after my SILs first shot was shear chaos. The bird he hit started running in circles. My SIL fires two more rounds and the bird is still running in circles. I scramble to find ammo so he could reload and keep shooting. After a grand total of 4 shots his bird was finally down. After it was all over, my grandson said to his dad “it only took me one shot to kill my bird”.

Great weekend hunting with two of my grandsons and son in law bagging a turkey. Great memories for sure.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ETexas Hunter

Re: Oldest grandson and his dad’s turkeys - 04/12/21 05:54 PM

cheers
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Oldest grandson and his dad’s turkeys - 04/13/21 04:39 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Oldest grandson and his dad’s turkeys - 04/13/21 04:44 PM

That’s cool he got one with a 410
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Oldest grandson and his dad’s turkeys - 04/13/21 04:52 PM

Gobble, gobble. They keep getting better.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Oldest grandson and his dad’s turkeys - 04/13/21 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Biscuit

They use Stevens 301 Single shot dedicated turkey gun. It’s my understanding that Federal and Stevens partnered to develop this gun. I use the Federal TSS ammo, which is recommended and a red dot sight. This combo has proven to be very deadly and easy for my grandsons to use. I use I tripod to hold the gun and help with recoil as well.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Oldest grandson and his dad’s turkeys - 04/13/21 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by bigjoe8565
Originally Posted by Biscuit

They use Stevens 301 Single shot dedicated turkey gun. It’s my understanding that Federal and Stevens partnered to develop this gun. I use the Federal TSS ammo, which is recommended and a red dot sight. This combo has proven to be very deadly and easy for my grandsons to use. I use I tripod to hold the gun and help with recoil as well.

Haven’t shot a 410 in years , brings back good memories
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Oldest grandson and his dad’s turkeys - 04/14/21 01:35 AM

That's great, good job.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Oldest grandson and his dad’s turkeys - 04/14/21 11:09 AM

Awesome cheers
Posted By: twdjr

Re: Oldest grandson and his dad’s turkeys - 04/18/21 05:51 PM

Congrats!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum