Texas Hunting Forum

Previous hunters

Posted By: Creekrunner

Previous hunters - 04/05/21 08:50 PM

I'm getting down to the end of the blinds that need to be hauled to the dump. This one was there a very long time. I couldn't say if the previous owner and lease hunters (20+ years) even knew it was there. It had blown over. The chair is from the Dallas Convention Center. Real glass, aluminum frame windows. It was someone's Pride and Joy at one time. I couldn't figure out what the hell he was looking at. It was in an opening maybe 30 yards total in any direction. And then I imagined it over 20 years ago, without the cedars in the rim rock, and realized he either was, or thought he was, one helluva shot. There's an old feed pen about 250 yards to the north, down across the creek on a flat. Another to the southwest at at least 350.

[Linked Image]

Y'all ever enjoy trying to perform "forensics" on an old blind you find? Anyone recognize it? grin
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Previous hunters - 04/05/21 08:55 PM

If belonging to to someone thinking they were a good shot, it could have been any number of posters on THF. If it was thirty yards for line of view and a shot, maybe Dan.

That looks like an easy one to pick up though. Just has to be done.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Previous hunters - 04/05/21 09:46 PM

That’s a cool find
Posted By: 10pointers

Re: Previous hunters - 04/05/21 11:02 PM

I love finding old blinds on the ground or in the air. I always rummage thru the area finding old spent casings, once or twice old pocket knives, coins on the ground under tree stands. also like to try and get there perspective of how they were hunting it. most times the view has been well overgrown. Thanks for posting
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Previous hunters - 04/05/21 11:38 PM

Cool.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Previous hunters - 04/06/21 01:32 AM

They put that blind there for a reason.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Previous hunters - 04/06/21 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
They put that blind there for a reason.

Back when it was put there those cedars were probably either real small or nonexistent. We have one blind stand that was on bare ground when put there 25 years ago, today the mesquites have to be trimmed back each year to see the feeder areas.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Previous hunters - 04/06/21 10:51 AM

Yep it would be cool to be able to see the landscape and game animals back then, probably no exotics back then?
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Previous hunters - 04/06/21 11:50 AM

Nice picture, looks like he left his/her rifle as well,...let me know and I will come help you haul that off.

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum