Texas Hunting Forum

Our fox is back.....

Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Our fox is back..... - 03/08/21 01:18 AM

banana2 banana2 banana2 banana2 banana2

Saw it a few time a couple years ago but not last year....

Have several videos this year...... cheers

Some still shots....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/08/21 01:19 AM

One of my favorite animals. up

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/08/21 01:24 AM

Mine too.....really neat animals.....driving around my uncles ranch near Lampasas we entered a meadow and had one about 20 yards from the pickup hunting mice. We sat there for almost an hour watching it hunt. Was a really neat experience. Was years ago and we had old flip phones so no video or pictures.....
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/08/21 01:25 AM

Very cool!!!
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/08/21 01:29 AM

Very cool critters, I don't shoot them anymore. Would be cool to have one as a pet.

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/08/21 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by skinnerback
Very cool critters, I don't shoot them anymore. Would be cool to have one as a pet.

Yes it would.....
Posted By: Judd

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/08/21 01:33 AM

I saw two from the deer this season. I almost shot one she had such a beautiful coat and couldn’t talk myself into it. They are cool animals.
Posted By: Peepaw on Fork

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/08/21 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

Yes it would.....

We fed 3 kits about 4 years ago. The female (runt) of the litter has come back every year since to have her kits. She's a red fox though, not grey.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/08/21 01:44 AM

Beautiful. There was one at the Red Radar stadium that ran acronym the football field durning the game while Cbump was there.

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/08/21 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Peepaw on Fork

Yes it would.....

We fed 3 kits about 4 years ago. The female (runt) of the litter has come back every year since to have her kits. She's a red fox though, not grey.

That would be so awesome. When I was in the 3rd grade we lived at my grandparents ranch on the Cowhouse Creek near Hamilton. One of our neighbors found a red fox kit and took it to his house. His kids (about my age) raised it. It was such a cool little animal...smart too! I’ve loved them ever since. Don’t think I could ever bring myself to killing one.....
Posted By: Stub

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/08/21 12:27 PM

I have only seen a couple of them while hunting, neat animals up
Posted By: decook

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/08/21 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Peepaw on Fork

Yes it would.....

That would be so awesome. When I was in the 3rd grade we lived at my grandparents ranch on the Cowhouse Creek near Hamilton. One of our neighbors found a red fox kit and took it to his house. His kids (about my age) raised it. It was such a cool little animal...smart too! I’ve loved them ever since. Don’t think I could ever bring myself to killing one.....

Same here. I won't hunt bobwhites either. Just can't bring myself to hunt them.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/08/21 01:38 PM

Same here
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/08/21 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Beautiful. There was one at the Red Radar stadium that ran acronym the football field durning the game while Cbump was there.

They live on campus, he's been sighted at the baseball stadium too. We have a ton in Lubbock; I frequently hear them run across my roof at night. We have a flat roof and nice live oaks they can easily climb to get there.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: presley

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/08/21 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
Originally Posted by bill oxner

They live on campus, he's been sighted at the baseball stadium too. We have a ton in Lubbock; I frequently hear them run across my roof at night. We have a flat roof and nice live oaks they can easily climb to get there.

[Linked Image]

That is very cool. We had several living in a lot next to our house. They played with our Husky. A developer built homes so no more foxes
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/08/21 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Judd
I saw two from the deer this season. I almost shot one she had such a beautiful coat and couldn’t talk myself into it. They are cool animals.

I don't shoot them either, just fun to watch. Don't shoot bobcats anymore either.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/08/21 05:13 PM

Very cool!!
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/08/21 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie
One of my favorite animals. up

mine to and fun to watch
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/08/21 11:20 PM

Beautiful animals. Glad he made it through the deep freeze.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/09/21 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by 2Beez
Very cool!!!
Posted By: Birdboy

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/11/21 06:58 PM

Very Cool!
Posted By: TSU99

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/11/21 07:30 PM

Best ratters out there. I can't bring myself to shoot one.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/11/21 08:06 PM

Have several behind the house, long as they stay out of the yard and Had 3 young ones and mom show up at the feeder that is about 60 yards from the back door every night and some in the day and watched them grow and eat corn with the deer.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/11/21 09:29 PM

Fun to have critters around the house, might not be good having chickens.
Posted By: TKM

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/11/21 09:33 PM

up
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/11/21 09:37 PM

I have a pair that travel through our back dry creek on occasion.

Love seeing them on camera.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/11/21 11:26 PM

Foxes are cool.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/11/21 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by angus1956
Fun to have critters around the house, might not be good having chickens.

So far so good, my Brittney is fairly protective of his chickens since they give him eggs and he was just glad the coop was for chickens and not him.

He makes sure to mark the back fence well and around the coop. Heard the raccoons out back one morning, he went and marked the gate and several places along the fence then lay down at the corner of the coop watching the woods.

Couple pics of one of the foxes with a couple deer.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/11/21 11:44 PM

Nice.... up
Posted By: Erny

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/11/21 11:44 PM

Have several that live in my neighborhood. Always enjoy watching them.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/11/21 11:56 PM

Beautiful
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/12/21 01:17 AM

cool and fun to watch
Posted By: Ringtail

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/12/21 03:55 PM

We see a couple at our home in Inez, occasionally, mostly grey with some orange on them. They are the one animal I have yet to capture on my camera's in Houston County, East Texas. Several years ago, we saw seven at one time at our son's place in Jackson county. Believe it was two females and their kits. Two of them had mice in their mouths.
Posted By: hollidayHunter

Re: Our fox is back..... - 03/12/21 07:02 PM

A few years back I was at Texoma fishing along the bank past the OU Biological station and one came out of the woods and followed me along the bank for about 100 yards or so before it wandered back into the woods. This was before cell cameras but it was a cool experience. We have a family that lives around the school and I see them at night occasionally around town. Cool little animals. I couldnt make myself shoot one either.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum