Texas Hunting Forum

Little woman doing some shooting

Posted By: GUTIT

Little woman doing some shooting - 03/01/21 08:24 PM

[Linked Image]

I’ve been an instructor for years and when I met her she was green. Came a long way in a short time. Men, get your women shooting. Makes for a great “date day”. As long as they aren’t shooting at you. Right Skinner????😂
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/01/21 09:47 PM

Very nice! I need to get my wife to the range soon up
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/01/21 09:51 PM

My wife loves to shoot. She is wanting to take some lessons too though.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/01/21 10:26 PM

Good stuff right there Sir!! Great picture.

And yes, you are right! roflmao

I kid you not, my ex wife called me an hour ago and asked me if I had 9mm & 38 Special ammo for sale. Her boyfriend is going through a divorce and his ex and ex’s family are bat chit crazy, and have been making all kinds of threats and one of them showed up to her house Friday starting trouble. Called the law and got a restraining order etc. Her boyfriend spent 8 yrs in the Marine Core and is a combat vet, but hasn’t owned a gun since leaving the Core. Anyway, with all of craziness and threats he just went and bought a 9mm, plus the unfired 38 that I bought her before we split. Of course, they can’t find ammo. I have a little extra put away and will hook him up, I like the guy and he’s good to my kids. Just seems really strange to be giving my ex wife ammo lol.

Poor guy, he’s focused on dealing with his crazy ex wife and protecting his kids and has no idea the crazy that he is getting himself into with my ex! roflmao I feel sorry for him, honestly.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/01/21 10:43 PM

Great pic, sir.

As for Skinner, I got nothin', sir. eeks333
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/01/21 11:17 PM

Good pic sir
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/02/21 12:31 AM

Nice Job!

I have multiple instructor certs and my wife will not listen to me on the range. All it does is start an argument.

My wife is a good shot (Our second date was to the shooting range) but somebody other than me will have to show her the pistol work beyond take aim and fire.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
Posted By: GUTIT

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/02/21 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by skinnerback

I kid you not, my ex wife called me an hour ago and asked me if I had 9mm & 38 Special ammo for sale. Her boyfriend is going through a divorce and his ex and ex’s family are bat chit crazy, and have been making all kinds of threats and one of them showed up to her house Friday starting trouble. Called the law and got a restraining order etc. Her boyfriend spent 8 yrs in the Marine Core and is a combat vet, but hasn’t owned a gun since leaving the Core. Anyway, with all of craziness and threats he just went and bought a 9mm, plus the unfired 38 that I bought her before we split. Of course, they can’t find ammo. I have a little extra put away and will hook him up, I like the guy and he’s good to my kids. Just seems really strange to be giving my ex wife ammo lol.

Poor guy, he’s focused on dealing with his crazy ex wife and protecting his kids and has no idea the crazy that he is getting himself into with my ex! roflmao I feel sorry for him, honestly.

Came home one night to a drunk ex after a long day at work. 14 hour day and she swore I was out catting around. Had a pistol and a bottle of wine by the chair. I eased up next to her and slid the pistol off into my jacket pocket. Damned it she didn’t get real pizzed later on and went for it not knowing I had it. She might have done it. You sure your ex isn’t one my exs and mine isn’t one of your exs?
Damn we could tell some stories if we get together!
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/02/21 01:18 AM

Is she left handed
Posted By: Black Duck Dog

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/02/21 01:19 AM

Nice Indoor range you have there Lol. Good Job Gutit

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/02/21 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by GUTIT

Came home one night to a drunk ex after a long day at work. 14 hour day and she swore I was out catting around. Had a pistol and a bottle of wine by the chair. I eased up next to her and slid the pistol off into my jacket pocket. Damned it she didn’t get real pizzed later on and went for it not knowing I had it. She might have done it. You sure your ex isn’t one my exs and mine isn’t one of your exs?
Damn we could tell some stories if we get together!

Oh boy. roflmao

Yes Sir we do need to get together one of these days. cheers
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/02/21 03:22 AM

It's a trick. Don't fall for it!
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/02/21 04:38 AM

Year’s ago I taught a coworker how to shoot and she turned out to be a real good shot. However, I didn’t know that her husband at the time was a drunk, had pointed the pistol at her one time when he was drunk, and she was now telling him she knew how to shoot now and he better not mess with her. Needless to say he was not a fan of me. A little later she left him, filed for divorce, and we started dating.

About a year later we come home from a movie late at night and he is in the apartment parking lot and we didn’t know it until he yelled out. We get to the apartment and she tries to shut the door but he pushed it open and come straight in after me. I meet him coming out of the bedroom with my 357 and he stopped. He asked “if I was going to shoot him with his gun”. I told him that this one was mine and hers was in the bedroom if he wanted to get it. He didn’t and left. The only person I have had to draw on so far but came real close a couple years back. If you have a gun in the hose I think everyone should know where they are and how to use them.

Skinner, that old boy was in the Corps so he is a little off anyway and should be able to deal with the crazy. Good for you on giving them some ammo hope all goes well.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/02/21 04:44 AM

My ol lady won't go, it drives me nuts too.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/02/21 08:15 AM

Never had to deal with ex's and all the baggage guess I'm lucky.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/02/21 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by jetdad

It's a trick. Don't fall for it!

clap
Posted By: Stub

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/02/21 12:48 PM

Nice shooting, how many yards away from the target?
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/02/21 12:54 PM

Heck yeah GUTIT!!!
You don't have to worry about her when she stays home and you are hunting.
I see a bunch of holes in the 10 ring on that target.
Posted By: 1955

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/02/21 02:23 PM

Awesome. Keep up the good work, nice pic too ! clap
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/02/21 04:11 PM

Looks to me as if she is a grown up woman rather than a little one.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/02/21 04:16 PM

My Wife doesn't care to shoot...but my Daughter has been shooting since she was 9 years old.

Has had her Carry License for 13 years now. We don't get to shoot together nearly as much these days since she is all grown up and 'Travel Nursing' but she was home recently and we had an opportunity to shoot her .45acp I got her for her Birthday. She actually owns more pistols than I do.

[Linked Image]

But when she was still a teenager and living at home we practiced regularly on my range. She used to take delight in beating me (most days) on the race rack, the 9" steel plates and Pepper Poppers. Despite my having shot all of my life and participated in a lot of IDPA and IPSC....you shouldn't underestimate the 'Girls'.

They typically have better fine motor skills, usually have good hand/eye coordination and are inherently more 'teachable' than most males since they don't bring a bunch of bravado and "I already know that-ism" to the shooting range.

I have trained hundreds of people over the years (including my Daughter) and if you give me 10 each (men and women) with no prior experience, I will have 'most' of the women out-shooting the men in the first 2 hours of instruction. That's not to say that the men won't go on to eventually become better overall shooters, but only because they stick with it. But the men are SO less trainable than the women.

Of the one's I have trained....I can tell you that I wouldn't want 90% of them shooting at ME.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/02/21 05:15 PM

Skinner, to preface ill say that theres a lot of "exes" and "halfs" the "steps" etc throughout my family. But your story was just too layered with exes and exes' exes and exes' families exes etc etc for me to follow. smile
Posted By: JCB

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/03/21 12:10 AM

I think its BS that they dont put a second 10 ring right in the crotch area. Have you ever seen a guy shot in the ding ding that still continued to be a threat to the victim?? Didnt think so.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/03/21 12:31 AM

Nice rack, and great shooting! Can she cook? You may have found a keeper. cheers

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/03/21 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by freerange

Skinner, to preface ill say that theres a lot of "exes" and "halfs" the "steps" etc throughout my family. But your story was just too layered with exes and exes' exes and exes' families exes etc etc for me to follow. smile

roflmao Understandable Sir.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/03/21 01:56 AM

I truly understand. My Mom died the other day and my Sisters elected to not put anything about who she was survived by. I thought that was odd, but I choose my battles with my Sisters. I assume it would of been confusing to decide who to include and who not. Kind of sad, but ive learned many families have varying degrees of that.
Now what was this thread about, oh goodness, im sorry OP.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/03/21 02:34 AM

Well, he is a Marine. They are known for taking on crazy....
roflmao
Posted By: Stub

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/03/21 01:13 PM

I truly understand. My Mom died the other day and my Sisters elected to not put anything about who she was survived by. I thought that was odd, but I choose my battles with my Sisters. I assume it would of been confusing to decide who to include and who not. Kind of sad, but ive learned many families have varying degrees of that.

Sorry about your mom may she R.I.P. angel

Re: Little woman doing some shooting - 03/03/21 07:34 PM

Sorry about your Mom Sir.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum