Texas Hunting Forum

A little metal detecting

Posted By: 10pointers

A little metal detecting - 03/01/21 04:08 AM

I had a few hours to kill so broke out my detector. found a bunch of trash (not very good with it but had some success here and there over the years) and actually pulled some coins out of the ground nothing old but the coins were not readable dates (quarter couple of nickles dimes and pennys. the exciting find was pulling out a bottle of Murine Eye company bottle from what I researched the 1800's

Attached picture IMG_20210228_122810468.jpg
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: A little metal detecting - 03/01/21 04:10 AM

Sweet.....
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: A little metal detecting - 03/01/21 04:26 AM

I'm ignorant. How did you find the bottle with a metal detector? Accident, lead in the glass, or???

Cool finds.
Posted By: 10pointers

Re: A little metal detecting - 03/01/21 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by jdk1985
I'm ignorant. How did you find the bottle with a metal detector? Accident, lead in the glass, or???

Cool finds.

Actually by accident it was next to a false beep six inches deep into the ground, it was in the same area of the coins that probably averaged no more than 2"s under the surface
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: A little metal detecting - 03/01/21 05:06 AM

Thanks for the reply. Very cool find
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: A little metal detecting - 03/01/21 05:25 AM

Thanks for sharing, we’ve been talking about getting a couple. We have some neat places on the Red River where supposedly the old wagon trains went through. Probably not find anything but their are some remains where old old houses once were on the old bank lines that are now deep in the woods. Seems like a fun hobby,
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: A little metal detecting - 03/01/21 05:53 AM

Saw a video of a guy on Waikiki beach at night he found all kinds of cool stuff.

I like that Murine Eye Wash. cool2
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: A little metal detecting - 03/01/21 04:07 PM

That bottle is cool.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: A little metal detecting - 03/01/21 07:33 PM

Pretty dang cool!
Luckily my buddy has gotten into metal detecting big and came by the house yesterday to search for my wedding ring.
I had a pretty good idea where it had come off at while feeding the horse and he found it under about 3" of powdered dirt under the lean to of the horses stall in about 5 minutes or less.

I'm not sure what the value of the ring is but he got a couple bottles of crown select and 2 cases of dos XX for his time and effort! lol
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: A little metal detecting - 03/01/21 11:18 PM

Good finds
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: A little metal detecting - 03/01/21 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Biscuit
Good finds
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum