Texas Hunting Forum

Big Bowie knife

Posted By: Jason Fry

Big Bowie knife - 02/10/21 01:34 AM

Ever see a knife made out of a fossilized walrus pecker bone? Here's your chance lol. They call it "oosik" in Alaska. The knife has a W2 blade with a nice hamon, and also has blued mild steel fittings. It'll be available at the ICCE show in Forth Worth at the end of March.

Posted By: freerange

Re: Big Bowie knife - 02/10/21 01:51 AM

Isnt a Bowie knife, by definition, BIG? Serious question?
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Big Bowie knife - 02/10/21 01:51 AM

up

Re: Big Bowie knife - 02/10/21 01:52 AM

Typically a Bowie is a big knife, yes smile But it's a broad category.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Big Bowie knife - 02/10/21 01:57 AM

Im not much of a knife guy. A carry a very little Swiss Army knife I found in a washateria in Red River NM and carry it mostly for the tweezers, scissors and sometimes the teeny screwdriver. Besides that when I deer hunt ive carried the same Buck knife for about 50 years. But I do remember the Alamo.

Re: Big Bowie knife - 02/10/21 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by freerange
Im not much of a knife guy. A carry a very little Swiss Army knife I found in a washateria in Red River NM and carry it mostly for the tweezers, scissors and sometimes the teeny screwdriver. Besides that when I deer hunt ive carried the same Buck knife for about 50 years. But I do remember the Alamo.

I'm nearly the same way. I've made over 900 knives, and still carry two of the ones from the first 10. My daily carry is one of those same tiny swiss army keychain knives. Of course I do actually work in a mental institution, so carrying a bowie might not be a good idea lol.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Big Bowie knife - 02/10/21 03:49 AM

Very nice
Posted By: reeder05

Re: Big Bowie knife - 02/10/21 04:23 AM

Beautiful knife!!

But my honest question is.. How do you tell the difference between a "Walrus Pecker Bone" vs a "Walrus __________ Bone"? Add "fossilized" to the mixed and you really have my shallow mind all kinds of jacked up!!

Love following your post. Keep up the good work!!
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Big Bowie knife - 02/10/21 01:43 PM

Really nice
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Big Bowie knife - 02/11/21 01:22 AM

That's a Knife.
Posted By: Txblklab

Re: Big Bowie knife - 02/13/21 06:04 PM

That's a sweet knife!
Posted By: 1955

Re: Big Bowie knife - 02/13/21 06:17 PM

Very nice !
Posted By: team tejas

Re: Big Bowie knife - 02/15/21 02:26 PM

Nice
Posted By: Red Cloud

Re: Big Bowie knife - 02/16/21 03:28 PM

I have a skinning knife with a handle made from fossilized whale penis. Makes for a fun "guess what this is" game around the campfire!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum