Texas Hunting Forum

Odd Sores?

Posted By: Love2Hunttexas

Odd Sores? - 02/04/21 04:44 AM

Am I just seeing things or does this deer have some odd sores on his side. Beside that pretty good deer, hoping to see him next year.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: JCO

Re: Odd Sores? - 02/04/21 04:49 AM

I can’t stop looking at the rack long enough to tell what the spots on the side are. I hope he makes it through and gives you a chance next year.

Re: Odd Sores? - 02/04/21 04:53 AM

Same here I have two goods bucks that seem to be only night owls. One day though they will slip up
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Odd Sores? - 02/04/21 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Love2Hunttexas
Same here I have two goods bucks that seem to be only night owls. One day though they will slip up
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Odd Sores? - 02/04/21 06:07 AM

Ruffled hair in spots very common.
Posted By: tbgascorer

Re: Odd Sores? - 02/04/21 04:29 PM

No sores on him. That is just ruffled hair and really common this time of year as their winter coat grows it's longest. On windy days, their coats really flip up.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Odd Sores? - 02/04/21 04:33 PM

Backing under a fence. Rubbed him the wrong way. bolt
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Odd Sores? - 02/04/21 04:44 PM

i think it's just rough hair
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Odd Sores? - 02/04/21 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by flintknapper
Ruffled hair in spots very common.

Originally Posted by tbgascorer
No sores on him. That is just ruffled hair and really common this time of year as their winter coat grows it's longest. On windy days, their coats really flip up.

Very common this time of the year. Bucks are thinner and in not as good of body condition as they had been, so it shows more. Also those could be hook
or scuff marks from other bucks during fights or sparring this time of the year. All are common on bucks now. It could also be external parasites that are present and lick marks from the buck.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Odd Sores? - 02/04/21 10:09 PM

STXRANCHMAN nailed it. He be The Man.
Posted By: Big8

Re: Odd Sores? - 02/04/21 10:35 PM

Just a nice buck, hopefully he makes a big jump in size next year!
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Odd Sores? - 02/04/21 11:10 PM

Nice one sir

Re: Odd Sores? - 02/05/21 02:17 AM

Yes sir5 I hop so to, I am going to put put a protein block this year, see what happens
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Odd Sores? - 02/05/21 02:42 AM

Old buck... knees

Re: Odd Sores? - 02/05/21 05:32 PM

yes sir I have two old bucks him and a thick 10 pointer, both love to come out only at night. Next year I have to figure out how to get them to come out during the day
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum