Texas Hunting Forum

Sometimes your favorite

Posted By: 10pointers

Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 03:05 AM

Sometimes your favorite photo is the one that you did not know was being taken. Youngest nephew sent me this one of opening day. My brother connected on a spike and nephew got behind us as we were hauling it back. I love the photo as me and my brother get older who knows how many more of these hunts we will get to do.

Attached picture twobrothers2.jpg
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 03:06 AM

Great pic!
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 03:48 AM

Great pic. Wall hanger up
Posted By: JCO

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 04:06 AM

That’s a treasure. Great photo.
Posted By: 5Redman8

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 04:11 AM

My wife took this one as I was headed on what turned out to be the last hunt with the best hunting partner I ever had.

[Linked Image]

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by 5Redman8
My wife took this one as I was headed on what turned out to be the last hunt with the best hunting partner I ever had.

[Linked Image]

Thats a great one also! up
Posted By: War

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 06:45 AM

Cool photo James. Was that Captain Clint who took the picture? Need to go fishing again with him this year. Where were yall hunting?
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 07:49 AM

coolpics
Posted By: Stub

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 12:51 PM

Great pic up
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Son of a Blitch
Great pic!

Yep, thanks for posting it up!

Love the old school camo print!
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 01:34 PM

Your nephew has a good eye. up
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 02:09 PM

Candid camera. Love it. cheers
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 02:22 PM

I think I would have had the nephew dragging the deer.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 02:28 PM

up
Posted By: cullbuck

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 03:31 PM

Congrat's James!
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 03:35 PM

Great pic!

As an aside, I guess it doesn't matter, but I never drag against the hair.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 03:39 PM

I am TERRIBLE about remembering to take pics. Props to those that remember AND get good ones!
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by dkershen
Great pic. Wall hanger up

X2
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by 10pointers
Originally Posted by 5Redman8

[Linked Image]

Thats a great one also! up

X2
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 04:19 PM

We all have some 'favorite' memories of hunting adventures. Sometimes the picture itself is not all that telling or spectacular (sometimes they are) BUT...the event was special and the memory of it relived by the persons involved.

This photo of my Daughter and I walking out from a morning deer hunt.....just happened to be captured on a Game Camera I have out.

It wouldn't mean anything to anyone here....but evokes strong feelings within me. It is a ritual (hunting together) that we both look forward to each year, but rarely take the time to record (except for harvest pics).

Love the pic the OP posted, thanks for sharing.....I understand the significance of it to you.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 04:27 PM

Great pictures, one and all. Memories is what it's all about.

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 04:55 PM

Thanks for all the replies. We have been hunting my little place (20 acres vet tract) since 1984. Every once in a wall a big one comes through. Most of the time we walk back empty handed. It's always special when we get one. A lot of great memories walking back thru that old dirt road.

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by War
Cool photo James. Was that Captain Clint who took the picture? Need to go fishing again with him this year. Where were yall hunting?

No it was the younger one Slim. Give Clint a call he has been on fire with the fish. He is pretty booked up at the moment. He is fixing to get hitched. My little place Mills county

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by flintknapper
We all have some 'favorite' memories of hunting adventures. Sometimes the picture itself is not all that telling or spectacular (sometimes they are) BUT...the event was special and the memory of it relived by the persons involved.

This photo of my Daughter and I walking out from a morning deer hunt.....just happened to be captured on a Game Camera I have out.

It wouldn't mean anything to anyone here....but evokes strong feelings within me. It is a ritual (hunting together) that we both look forward to each year, but rarely take the time to record (except for harvest pics).

Love the pic the OP posted, thanks for sharing.....I understand the significance of it to you.

[Linked Image]

You are so spot on with your comment on the ritual. Thanks for sharing your picture also.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 05:15 PM

Awesome pictures.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 05:52 PM

cheers
Posted By: TonyWornick

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/03/21 08:44 PM

Kudos to your nephew
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Sometimes your favorite - 02/07/21 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by flintknapper

[Linked Image]

Beautiful
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum