Originally Posted by Big8
up
Posted By: LCSmith

Re: Stock for a Coworker - 12/16/20 07:58 PM

excellent work!!
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Stock for a Coworker - 12/16/20 10:26 PM

Thanks Ox!

Thinking about making it a lil side business actually. Ive had people ask what I’d charge. Haven’t figured it out yet. I want to take the cerakote class offered by NIC once this Covid-19 clears up.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Stock for a Coworker - 12/16/20 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by jorge
Thanks Ox!

Thinking about making it a lil side business actually. Ive had people ask what I’d charge. Haven’t figured it out yet. I want to take the cerakote class offered by NIC once this Covid-19 clears up.

One of the biggest cerekote and custom gun companies in Austin just went out of business. Owner fought cancer but Covid killed his shop. I think most people just aren’t willing to pay what it cost to have a gun professionally painted right now. Could be a good side job though just doing a few here and there. This guy was cerekoting guns for major manufacturers as well.

Re: Stock for a Coworker - 12/17/20 01:12 AM

Man that’s horrible news. It’s a shame to hear stories like that due to this engineered virus that has wreaked havoc. I hope your friend can bounce back and his shop get back to making a go of things.

I don’t want to make it a business just a small side gig. I really enjoy it and don’t want to ruin that.

Re: Stock for a Coworker - 12/17/20 01:49 AM

Man that’s horrible news. It’s a shame to hear stories like that due to this engineered virus that has wreaked havoc. I hope your friend can bounce back and his shop get back to making a go of things.

I don’t want to make it a business just a small side gig. I really enjoy it and don’t want to ruin that.

Good plan
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Stock for a Coworker - 12/17/20 01:51 AM

😊

Re: Stock for a Coworker - 12/17/20 03:00 AM

I’ve read the certified cerakote class teaches a lot and is very useful. Also get a decent discount, but not wanting to make this into a full fledged business and take over all my free time. So it leaves me wondering if it’s worth it.

Re: Stock for a Coworker - 12/17/20 02:03 PM

I’ve read the certified cerakote class teaches a lot and is very useful. Also get a decent discount, but not wanting to make this into a full fledged business and take over all my free time. So it leaves me wondering if it’s worth it.

I use to enjoy woodwork. I built myself a rustic cooler with a drain really sweet looking and someone wanted so I sold it. Fast forward a yr later and I had built around 80 of them or so. I got really burned out and all my free time went towards building those coolers. My advice is if you want to do it as a side gig but not full time then set a goal to only do X amount a month or whatever. If not it would be easy to get burnt out like I did. Hell I don’t make anything anymore lol.

Re: Stock for a Coworker - 12/18/20 12:23 AM

Sapper I remember seeing your coolers on here they were beauties!
Posted By: Ohdangit

Re: Stock for a Coworker - 12/18/20 12:33 AM

Look real good. up

Re: Stock for a Coworker - 12/18/20 12:53 AM

Sapper I remember seeing your coolers on here they were beauties!

Thanks sir. I’d rather buy one than build one these days haha
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum