Texas Hunting Forum

tire tracks

Posted By: Hudbone

tire tracks - 11/23/20 02:28 PM

Just trying to give you guys a little perspective with the title - head on one side & tail on the other. I absolutely lover running into these guys.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: tire tracks - 11/23/20 02:40 PM

Coachwip?

Re: tire tracks - 11/23/20 02:47 PM

Indigo
Posted By: one73maro

Re: tire tracks - 11/23/20 02:51 PM

Boys, that there is an Anaconda!
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: tire tracks - 11/23/20 03:04 PM

Those boys get BIG. I thought I would catch a big boy I ran across and take it back to camp. I put my gear down and advanced toward the snake that looked so docile. Before I could reach down the head came up and he hissed at me. On second thought, he looked just fine where he was. A cell phone pic would have to do.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: tire tracks - 11/23/20 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
Indigo

Amazing snakes. Haven’t seen one in the wild since I was about 13 when we lived in La Pryor many years ago.
Posted By: don k

Re: tire tracks - 11/23/20 03:08 PM

I have a couple around here but very seldom see them.
Posted By: Ohdangit

Re: tire tracks - 11/23/20 03:11 PM

Holy smokes. bolt
Posted By: sleepyhunter

Re: tire tracks - 11/23/20 03:17 PM

Indigos love to eat rattlers.
Posted By: majekman

Re: tire tracks - 11/23/20 03:23 PM

My fav snake. We have one that lives behind feed barn named Clyde. Been around like 4yrs. Clyde is a cool dude but manages to scare the hair outta unsuspecting pilgrims at times...grandsons buddy almost shot him a couple years ago. Grandson told him you’ll go to jail if they manage to get to you before my pawpaw rips you a new one...

Re: tire tracks - 11/23/20 05:30 PM

I came upon one at our place near Camp wood a few years ago. What's weird is that I conjured it up. Had only seen one before in LaSalle county. I was hiking, thinking about an indigo for some strange reason, at about that same time, I kid you not, one crossed the path in front of me. Unbelievable but true. Weird stuff.

Re: tire tracks - 11/23/20 05:36 PM

Thinking about a snake and you conjure one up? Think about a pot of gold, an obedient, quiet & rich wife who owns a ranch or anything better than a snake.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: tire tracks - 11/23/20 08:14 PM

They have been moving now for the last month or so. In my travels about I have seen several in the 3.5' to 4.5' dead on the highways. I have seen a couple of the older bigger ones here on my place. I did see a huge bull snake 2 evening ago now that was crossing a fenceline road here on my place...his head was in the grass past the right rut and his tail was still in the grass on the left side of the left rut. That bull snake has been here for a while now and first time I have seen that larger one in a while though. Indigo's are pretty common in this area. Both snakes are the reason I rarely see a rattlesnake.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: tire tracks - 11/23/20 08:20 PM

Only snake I like. In fact only snake that should be alive. Few years ago, I found one in laredo that was that long and as thick as my forearm. Just cruising with not a care in the world. Really docile
Posted By: redhaze

Re: tire tracks - 11/23/20 08:55 PM

Wow!

Re: tire tracks - 11/23/20 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
Thinking about a snake and you conjure one up? Think about a pot of gold, an obedient, quiet & rich wife who owns a ranch or anything better than a snake.

happy3
Posted By: TCM3

Re: tire tracks - 11/23/20 11:11 PM

Nope bolt
Posted By: Erich

Re: tire tracks - 11/24/20 02:05 PM

we see them in south texas pretty frequently, i have also always heard that they will prey on other snakes including rattlesnakes. they get pretty damn big, but we've never seen one that did anything but try to get away from us. we like having them around.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: tire tracks - 11/24/20 06:11 PM

Nice
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum