Texas Hunting Forum

Field Dressed

Posted By: PestAssassin

Field Dressed - 11/15/20 12:00 AM

My version of a properly field-dressed whitetail...

Attached picture IMG-2554.jpg
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Field Dressed - 11/15/20 12:11 AM

All boneless. You can put it in a 48 quart igloo with ice,

Re: Field Dressed - 11/15/20 02:20 AM

Yessir! Ready to be silver-trimmed and vacuum-sealed!
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: Field Dressed - 11/15/20 03:06 AM

Well done Sir
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Field Dressed - 11/15/20 04:01 AM

I knew an old German man years ago that would say you’re not done yet. He would cut up the bones to cook down into stock. Simmer it down really well and concentrated then let cool. He would then strain the stock and pour into ice cube trays and freeze. Kept several stocks (beef, venison, chicken, fish, etc) in his freezer.

Re: Field Dressed - 11/15/20 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
I knew an old German man years ago that would say you’re not done yet. He would cut up the bones to cook down into stock. Simmer it down really well and concentrated then let cool. He would then strain the stock and pour into ice cube trays and freeze. Kept several stocks (beef, venison, chicken, fish, etc) in his freezer.

I've never even thought about making stock before... Definitely something I will consider in the future.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Field Dressed - 11/15/20 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by PestAssassin
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

I've never even thought about making stock before... Definitely something I will consider in the future.

I do it with my turkey.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Field Dressed - 11/15/20 02:48 PM

Nice
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Field Dressed - 11/15/20 03:21 PM

up
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: Field Dressed - 11/15/20 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by PestAssassin
My version of a properly field-dressed whitetail...

Looks like an alien MANTIS.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum