Texas Hunting Forum

I hope it was a snare, and it hurt like hell

Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

I hope it was a snare, and it hurt like hell - 10/28/20 03:15 PM

Hope I see Tripod in person soon.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: AMF

Re: I hope it was a snare, and it hurt like hell - 10/28/20 03:19 PM

Looks like he's only got a front left and a back right.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: I hope it was a snare, and it hurt like hell - 10/28/20 03:25 PM

What crazy stories he could tell.
Posted By: FamousAmos

Re: I hope it was a snare, and it hurt like hell - 10/28/20 04:21 PM

He's just doing what he was created to do. Stop hating.
Posted By: Ringtail

Re: I hope it was a snare, and it hurt like hell - 10/28/20 04:30 PM

Hate them or not, it is still amazing to see how some wild animals can adapt.
Posted By: Ringtail

Re: I hope it was a snare, and it hurt like hell - 10/28/20 04:31 PM

Hate them or not, it is still amazing to see how some wild animals can adapt.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: I hope it was a snare, and it hurt like hell - 10/28/20 04:48 PM

I only hate em during fawn season, and I don't hunt many deer anymore. After seeing videos of them snatching up piglets, I hate em a lot less.

Re: I hope it was a snare, and it hurt like hell - 10/28/20 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by garyrapp55
I only hate em during fawn season, and I don't hunt many deer anymore. After seeing videos of them snatching up piglets, I hate em a lot less.

We raise sheep and goats, I could afford a really nice house with all the $ lost to predation over the years.
Posted By: don k

Re: I hope it was a snare, and it hurt like hell - 10/28/20 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks

We raise sheep and goats, I could afford a really nice house with all the $ lost to predation over the years.

I am with you ,but I think I hate them even more.
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: I hope it was a snare, and it hurt like hell - 10/28/20 06:10 PM

Looks like he's missing the left rear from above ankle. Yes, they are tough on livestock and other critters but I do admire their will to survive.
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: I hope it was a snare, and it hurt like hell - 10/28/20 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by gary roberson
Looks like he's missing the left rear from above ankle. Yes, they are tough on livestock and other critters but I do admire their will to survive.
Adios,
Gary

Me too
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: I hope it was a snare, and it hurt like hell - 10/28/20 06:26 PM

I shot one last year that had a messed up paw form a snare and then the next weekend I shot another that was a tripod. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: I hope it was a snare, and it hurt like hell - 10/28/20 06:35 PM

Tough sonofaguns for sure and once they get a little bit of age on em…...smart as hell!
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: I hope it was a snare, and it hurt like hell - 10/28/20 08:08 PM

I understand that and darn sure wouldn't hold it against you. Do you go out at night with the intention to thin them out? I went with a friend that had a call, we got 4 that night. I've tried it on my own but was slightly less successful. I haven't done that in years but if I was in your business, I think I'd have to.

Re: I hope it was a snare, and it hurt like hell - 10/28/20 08:11 PM

I understand that and darn sure wouldn't hold it against you. Do you go out at night with the intention to thin them out? I went with a friend that had a call, we got 4 that night. I've tried it on my own but was slightly less successful. I haven't done that in years but if I was in your business, I think I'd have to.

If I was there full-time it would be on my list. We've allowed some locals to try calling, they've never gotten one. Now we have some hogs as well. I spent Saturday afternoon building a #6 hog pen and have the materials to do another when I'm there on Nov 7th. The govt trapper has helped us some but it's been four months since he caught one. Time to put the cyanide guns back out. I hope to acquire a thermal in the next year and do some work on both the hogs and coyotes.
Posted By: Whack n stack

Re: I hope it was a snare, and it hurt like hell - 10/28/20 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by gary roberson
Adios,
Gary

Same here, and their intelligence.
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: I hope it was a snare, and it hurt like hell - 10/28/20 08:38 PM

I have a buddy who was calling on a big ranch in South Texas that bordered Hwy. 59. He was calling down a wide sendero with the Mini Blaster when he noticed something moving slowly toward him, very close to the ground. He slowly raised his rifle and found a coyote that was pulling himself along the ground in an attempt to get to the distress sound.
My buddy shot the poor coyote and when he recovered it, found that it had been hit by a vehicle on the highway and was paralyzed in his back end.
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: I hope it was a snare, and it hurt like hell - 10/29/20 01:28 AM

I shot this one that previously had gotten out of a snare.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum