Texas Hunting Forum

Squirrel Hunting

Posted By: Biscuit

Squirrel Hunting - 08/18/20 04:48 PM

[Linked Image]

Dads place is loaded with hardwoods which also means lots of squirrels. My first true outdoor love was squirrel hunting. When i was in high school I went every single day. It was fun to go again.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Squirrel Hunting - 08/18/20 05:02 PM

Did you get any?

Re: Squirrel Hunting - 08/18/20 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
Did you get any?

I think we got 7 that day. I didnt take any after pics...I know , I should have.
Posted By: LG

Re: Squirrel Hunting - 08/18/20 08:40 PM

up
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Squirrel Hunting - 08/18/20 09:15 PM

cheers
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Squirrel Hunting - 08/18/20 09:58 PM

I grew up hunting squirrels in E TX in the hardwoods. Oct 1st was a special day. Back in the day before took up bow hunting that is when I did lots of deer scouting while slowly and patiently hunting the tree rats. now a days hunting more out west and NW TX squirrel hunting is not as appealing as those morings chasing cat squirrels in the tops of 90-120' plus virgin timber

Re: Squirrel Hunting - 08/18/20 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Always ready 2 hunt
I grew up hunting squirrels in E TX in the hardwoods. Oct 1st was a special day. Back in the day before took up bow hunting that is when I did lots of deer scouting while slowly and patiently hunting the tree rats. now a days hunting more out west and NW TX squirrel hunting is not as appealing as those morings chasing cat squirrels in the tops of 90-120' plus virgin timber

I agree the right stand of trees can make it really fun . East Texas has the right mix
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Squirrel Hunting - 08/18/20 11:50 PM

up
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Squirrel Hunting - 08/19/20 10:57 AM

Congrats!
Posted By: Stub

Re: Squirrel Hunting - 08/19/20 11:02 AM

Should have asked, how are you going to cook them?

Re: Squirrel Hunting - 08/19/20 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Stub
Should have asked, how are you going to cook them?

Well...my family has always cooked them the same way. Crock pot until the meat is tender then lightly breaded and fried and then we put over biscuits and gravy. Been eating that meal for 4 decades
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum