Texas Hunting Forum

The Special

Posted By: Hudbone

The Special - 07/08/20 09:35 AM

I was sitting in my truck when I spied her. She came from the church parking lot, stopped at the street, waited for traffic to cease and then came right on over. I am thinking she wanted some of that Smoke House Chicken.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: texfork

Re: The Special - 07/08/20 09:45 AM

That's pretty cool .
Posted By: redhaze

Re: The Special - 07/08/20 10:51 AM

Nice chuckle!
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: The Special - 07/08/20 12:10 PM

LOL

Hudbone, where is this at?

Here in New Braunfels the deer have been in town for a long time but it used to just be around Landa Park and the Canyon area on the north side of town. Now I'm seeing them in areas which are much further from any wooded areas. Hell, I saw one about a block from IH35 right behind the old HEB store a couple weeks ago. She was laying in the front yard of an old house like she owned that patch of carpet grass. lmao

My guys are working on a new middle school on the far south side of town and it is adjacent to many homes but there is a some small wooded areas. Last fall he sent me pictures of a slick 8 that would break 140" and another buck that I think was a 10 with a couple extras if I remember right and he was easily in the mid 50s. They were there by the jobsite every morning and all the traffic, noise, homes, people didn't bother them one bit.
Posted By: Stub

Re: The Special - 07/08/20 12:17 PM

coolpics
Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: The Special - 07/08/20 12:39 PM

Very cool up
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: The Special - 07/08/20 12:45 PM

smarter than most does that cross the road.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: The Special - 07/08/20 12:51 PM

Glad she looked both ways
Posted By: rickym

Re: The Special - 07/08/20 01:56 PM

Her and the chick fila cow would get along!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: The Special - 07/08/20 02:47 PM

Cool.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: The Special - 07/09/20 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Cool.
Posted By: travisk

Re: The Special - 07/09/20 01:24 AM

Crazy sight

Re: The Special - 07/09/20 09:12 AM

Almost every day somewhere in town
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: The Special - 07/09/20 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
Almost every day somewhere in town

What town??

Re: The Special - 07/09/20 12:42 PM

new barnflies
Posted By: freerange

Re: The Special - 07/09/20 01:28 PM

I love looking at "wild" animals but I really dont like the idea of seeing them in unnatural settings. Same thing rather its a zoo or a neighborhood or how they are portrayed in a Disney type movie. The Bambi movie certainly didnt do anything to help the perception of hunting and hunters. Thanks for posting and its interesting to talk about, and Im certainly not pointing blame at anyone but its just how I feel.

Re: The Special - 07/09/20 02:35 PM

Certainly understand, but usins here have no (zero) control over this. You aren't supposed to feed in town and shooting, well, it's more than frowned upon, much more. I can oftentimes encounter more deer in my neighborhood than at my deer lease. Consider this making fertilizer out of manure.
Posted By: freerange

Re: The Special - 07/09/20 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
Certainly understand, but usins here have no (zero) control over this. You aren't supposed to feed in town and shooting, well, it's more than frowned upon, much more. I can oftentimes encounter more deer in my neighborhood than at my deer lease. Consider this making fertilizer out of manure.

100% agree, just an observation/feeling. I always think the same thing on many threads when guys posts backyard deer that appear to be hand feedable. Not saying anything is "wrong" I just personally prefer to think of wild game in a wild setting. It is what it is so I hope everyone keeps posting those type pics.
Back to topic--Your pic begs the question-"why did the "doe" cross the road?"

Re: The Special - 07/09/20 03:14 PM

She ended up eating something off the pavement. Definitely wasn't a live plant.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum