Texas Hunting Forum

Hords creek Lake

Posted By: Big8

Hords creek Lake - 06/30/20 09:21 PM

[Linked Image]
It is a little strange to be the only camper in our area but it’s also nice. It’s our first time up here and it’s been great, done a little fishing and some swimming along with grilling dinner outside in the evening. I just pulled back in after fishing and saw a doe with 2 fawns and one buck in velvet. I would definitely recommend this lake, the only drawback is if you bring a boat it’s a very small lake but that’s why we picked it.
Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: Hords creek Lake - 06/30/20 09:35 PM

I have an uncle that visits there quite often. They love it there.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Hords creek Lake - 06/30/20 09:50 PM

That's the way I like it. Sounds like y'all are having fun. up
Posted By: 218 Bee

Re: Hords creek Lake - 06/30/20 09:58 PM

Hord's Creek Lake is a little gem...and just down the road from our place. I really need to quit working here on the place and go down there and wet a line myself!

Mark
Posted By: rickym

Re: Hords creek Lake - 06/30/20 10:11 PM

Never been, sounds like a little slice of heaven. The fishin?

Re: Hords creek Lake - 06/30/20 10:15 PM

I definitely agree, all the sites have big oaks with a lot of shade. It’s just a great place, I would have never found if not for a recommendation from a friend. It will be on my list to return. If your that close you need to make use of that resource.

Re: Hords creek Lake - 06/30/20 10:21 PM

Hadn’t had a lot of luck fishing from the shore, caught a few small catfish but also didn’t bring a boat. Also haven’t spent a lot of time fishing, I hunt more that fish and know a little more about fishing at the coast but either way it’s been fun.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Hords creek Lake - 06/30/20 10:44 PM

up
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Hords creek Lake - 06/30/20 11:10 PM

Beautiful day for it
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Hords creek Lake - 06/30/20 11:17 PM

cheers Great weather and not many people...perfect in my book grin
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Hords creek Lake - 06/30/20 11:42 PM

Cool.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Hords creek Lake - 07/01/20 12:33 AM

Are you on the northside? We always liked the Flat Rock Park side more, sometimes we would have an area to ourselves while the northside was almost filled. Kayak and canoe fishing is or was pretty decent in the small cove areas. When we would catch a bunch of small perch and bait a couple of throw lines for catfish. we would usually have pretty good luck.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Hords creek Lake - 07/01/20 12:33 AM

Peaceful

Re: Hords creek Lake - 07/02/20 10:58 PM

We were at Flat rock Park, not too many more on the other side but I would bet it’s filling up now for the 4th of July weekend.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum