Texas Hunting Forum

Zambezi young bulls

Posted By: Creekrunner

Zambezi young bulls - 06/09/20 03:01 PM

Daydreaming of trips gone by. I don't think I've posted this before. If I have, please forgive me. I'm no photographer, but just happened to catch these boys as we were floating by on the Zambezi; taken almost 15 years ago now. I doubt I'll ever be back there. That river gets in your soul though.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ETexas Hunter

Re: Zambezi young bulls - 06/09/20 03:03 PM

great picture!
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Zambezi young bulls - 06/09/20 03:04 PM

Fantastic picture
Posted By: Red Pill

Re: Zambezi young bulls - 06/09/20 03:53 PM

Great picture. I just finished reading Peter Capsticks book "The African Adventurers." I can imagine how it gets into your soul. I was blessed to hunt in South Africa once about 15 years ago. An awesome memory.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Zambezi young bulls - 06/09/20 03:55 PM

Amazing.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Zambezi young bulls - 06/09/20 04:14 PM

Africa does get in your blood. Longing for another trip there someday...
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Zambezi young bulls - 06/09/20 04:14 PM

As a kid reading Capstick, I thought one day I would get there. Now, over half a century old, I know it will never happen. But there are plenty of north American animals to pursue.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Zambezi young bulls - 06/09/20 04:49 PM

Amazing!
Posted By: Stub

Re: Zambezi young bulls - 06/09/20 05:12 PM

Great picture and I can see how one could sit there and reminisce about such adventures up
Posted By: Birdboy

Re: Zambezi young bulls - 06/09/20 05:24 PM

WOW!
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Zambezi young bulls - 06/09/20 05:33 PM

I can only imagine.
Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: Zambezi young bulls - 06/09/20 05:43 PM

Very cool up
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Zambezi young bulls - 06/09/20 05:58 PM

another on my bucket list that didn't happen
Posted By: 218 Bee

Re: Zambezi young bulls - 06/09/20 07:16 PM

The Zambezi is a remarkable river. We spent our first safari camped along it's banks about halfway between Vic Falls and the very upper end of Kariba.

Africa IS an obsession, an addiction. The biggest lie I ever told myself (and I've told myself some whoppers) was that I needed to go on safari and get it out of my system. By the time we got home I was already planning a second trip. The experience, the country, the game, the people...all of it gets into your blood. And it stays there. Dormant at times, but always just a thought away.

For those that have considered hunting Africa and have written it off for whatever reason, I'd encourage you to reconsider. Things are different now than that first trip 25 years ago, but then I'm sure that they were different in '95 than they were 25 years before that. Go. Take the risk. Thank me later.

I think (I hope anyway) that I've got another buffalo hunt left in me. Time will tell.

Mark

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Zambezi young bulls - 06/10/20 12:08 AM

Sounds like a great experience. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Zambezi young bulls - 06/10/20 12:15 AM

Great pic! Not bad for a flip phone bolt grin
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Zambezi young bulls - 06/10/20 12:30 AM

Very nice picture.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Zambezi young bulls - 06/10/20 03:26 AM

up
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Zambezi young bulls - 06/10/20 03:55 AM

I feel for the poor South African outfitters ( and the animals that will ultimately suffer because of it ) having to deal with a lockdown from international travelers until Feb. 2021.

I don’t know when but I’ll be back, hopefully to Mozambique, Zambia or Tanzania, possibly Zimbabwe. The real wild stuff now that I did the icebreaker hunt in RSA.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Zambezi young bulls - 06/10/20 11:32 AM

Awesome pic!
Posted By: Black02z28

Re: Zambezi young bulls - 06/10/20 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85
I feel for the poor South African outfitters ( and the animals that will ultimately suffer because of it ) having to deal with a lockdown from international travelers until Feb. 2021.

I don’t know when but I’ll be back, hopefully to Mozambique, Zambia or Tanzania, possibly Zimbabwe. The real wild stuff now that I did the icebreaker hunt in RSA.

My uncle was looking forward to kicking off Botswana this year but that didn't happen and luckily even with the lost year his company will be fine. Our Botswana trip has already been pushed back to 2022 which was a real bummer.

Great pic OP.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum