Texas Hunting Forum

Snake ID

Posted By: MikeC

Snake ID - 05/21/20 02:28 AM

The wife showed me this from Facebook and asked if it was a rattle snake. I'm no expert but it looks more like a bull snake to me.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Snake ID - 05/21/20 02:32 AM

I open those type of boxes at work. I’d hurt myself trying to get away if I found a snake in one. That’s one large snake!
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Snake ID - 05/21/20 02:41 AM

]OH HELL NAW!!!![ walking, i'd fly away from that box if I opened it.

But I agree on a bull snake, look at the head.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Snake ID - 05/21/20 02:44 AM

Big Bull.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Snake ID - 05/21/20 03:01 AM

Bull.

The bullsnake (Pituophis catenifer sayi) is a large, nonvenomous, colubrid snake. It is currently considered a subspecies of the gopher snake (Pituophis catenifer). The bullsnake is one of the largest/longest snakes of North America and the United States, reaching lengths up to 8 ft.

bolt
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Snake ID - 05/21/20 12:06 PM

Definitely Bull snake.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Snake ID - 05/21/20 12:29 PM

Dead if he was still there when I woke up.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Snake ID - 05/21/20 12:36 PM

Opened up a disconnect on one of my wells and had about a 4 ft Coachwhip in it, them snakes are born with a bad attitude! When I see a fuse down for no reason and there's nothing laying around the pole, you can bet something got into the disconnect.
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Snake ID - 05/21/20 01:10 PM

Forget dealing with that. I'm out
Posted By: heredeer

Re: Snake ID - 05/21/20 01:33 PM

texas
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Snake ID - 05/21/20 02:57 PM

Looks like a mouse of rat nest in the lower right hand corner. I'm sure that is what the Bull was after.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Snake ID - 05/21/20 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
I open those type of boxes at work. I’d hurt myself trying to get away if I found a snake in one. That’s one large snake!

banana
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Snake ID - 05/21/20 05:22 PM

That is the kind of snake that makes you hurt yourself.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Snake ID - 05/21/20 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
Opened up a disconnect on one of my wells and had about a 4 ft Coachwhip in it, them snakes are born with a bad attitude! When I see a fuse down for no reason and there's nothing laying around the pole, you can bet something got into the disconnect.

Man you aint kiddin'!

I've got quite a few of them at my place and a couple are easily 6' or little better. They stand their ground even when I'm in the side by side.
Had one takin' a swim in the tank one day and I decided to jack with him a little and try and not let him come out. Trust me when I say after about 30 seconds of me doing it he did come out and right after my azz.
I am pretty sure I turned in 40 time very near what I ran in HS...…….maybe a tad better. SMDH
Posted By: rickym

Re: Snake ID - 05/21/20 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by HWY_MAN

Thankfully I don’t deal with snakes in my boxes often, but mice, lizards and geckos are often the reason for a fried motherboard.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Snake ID - 05/22/20 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
That is the kind of snake that makes you hurt yourself.

It would probably overload somebody's Pacemaker eeks333 Wonder what the Pucker factor would be?
Posted By: redhaze

Re: Snake ID - 05/22/20 01:20 AM

Yikes!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum