Texas Hunting Forum

New fast boat on the lake :-)

Posted By: Marc K

New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/01/20 04:12 PM

Must be a nice way to get to your lakehouse - just pull right up to your dock after bypassing all of the highway traffic. He also drives around the lake like a boat at a pretty good clip.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/01/20 04:13 PM

Looks like a nice neighborhood. Does the lake ever get high enough to the houses?
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/01/20 04:15 PM

That's a pretty nice way to go about it
Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/01/20 04:24 PM

Needs a Minn Kota Ultrex trolling motor
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/01/20 04:28 PM

Cool.

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/01/20 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Looks like a nice neighborhood. Does the lake ever get high enough to the houses?

Not my neighborhood! I live across from them - about 3/4 of a mile away out in the cheap seats! The bare waterfront lots over there cost three times what my entire house and land cost.

No, the water is at full level now - 3 feet from the top of the spillway. I've only been here two years, but I am told that the lake has never been more than 20" higher than it is now.

This shot is my of my side, when the lake was 7" over the full level.

[Linked Image]

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/01/20 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by TKandMike

I agree! I watched him for awhile - he has a very short takeoff/landing distance. Cruising looks to be around 100 mph at 5-6 gallons per hour, so running down to the lake from the Metroplex is fast and not too painful on the wallet. Sure beats the traffic!
Posted By: redhaze

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/01/20 05:16 PM

Nice
Posted By: Stub

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/01/20 05:31 PM

Very cool up
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/01/20 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
Very cool up
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/01/20 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Marc K

I agree! I watched him for awhile - he has a very short takeoff/landing distance. Cruising looks to be around 100 mph at 5-6 gallons per hour, so running down to the lake from the Metroplex is fast and not too painful on the wallet. Sure beats the traffic!

I like the drive out to Cedar Creek on 175. It's the going back to the real world that sucks. But that would be an awesome way to see the country.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/03/20 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Marc K

Yes, but you've got pre-flight inspection (if you're smart) each and every time you take off.

My little Brother lives on Lake Travis outside of Austin and one of his neighbors uses a Robinson R44 helicopter to go to work in town and back. Flys over his home just about every day. Good way to beat the traffic.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/03/20 03:38 AM

Living the dream.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/04/20 03:37 PM

I see a few different ones throughout the year. There's one that comes into party cove just about every weekend when its warm. And no, CC is a constant level lake, even though they can't control it going low, they can control it to keep it from flooding. Mom and dad bought their first place on the water at cc over 30 years ago and in those 30 years it has never been over our retaining wall which is 18" above full pool. But I have seen it like 12' low. barf
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/04/20 04:12 PM

That's some Eff You money right there. I'm jealous.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/04/20 05:28 PM

That's one of those fold up planes. I think that's the same plane that the MLB pitcher died in.
Posted By: don k

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/04/20 10:32 PM

Looks like it is owned by T&G Aviation Services LLC in Canton. Whoever that is.
Posted By: leswad

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/04/20 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by don k
Looks like it is owned by T&G Aviation Services LLC in Canton. Whoever that is.

That probably Is where his office is at. He never has to get into a car, unless there is bad weather up
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/05/20 04:51 AM

I sold mine. loser8

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/08/20 02:46 PM

Mistake post
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/08/20 05:01 PM

I was thinking of the Roy Halliday one. Similar plane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTgHQ0A1TvI
Posted By: BigPig

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/08/20 07:26 PM

We had a guy doing touch and goes with his float plane on Hubbard a few years ago. This was either Memorial weekend or July 4th, I was working the lake and watching this clown get awful close to some boats. We called the helicopter in and they forced him to land. Turns out the plane was stolen and the pilot was a known cartel pilot.
Posted By: Stub

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/08/20 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by BigPig
We had a guy doing touch and goes with his float plane on Hubbard a few years ago. This was either Memorial weekend or July 4th, I was working the lake and watching this clown get awful close to some boats. We called the helicopter in and they forced him to land. Turns out the plane was stolen and the pilot was a known cartel pilot.

Practicing shipment drop offs? Wonder if he was a little Loco from using to much blow hammer
Posted By: Red Pill

Re: New fast boat on the lake :-) - 05/08/20 09:27 PM

I saw a twin flying boat going over the house the other day. Not big enough or old enough for a Grumman Goose. Good looking plane.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum