Texas Hunting Forum

Deer are tough

Posted By: kmon11

Deer are tough - 03/23/20 06:43 PM

I have been getting pictures of this one for about a month. 6 new mouths to feed showed up behind the house about a month ago and this is one of them.

[Linked Image]

Looks like a broken leg to me. It is getting around good though. One older doe from a different group was beating the crap out of it though shortly after it started showing up. These two are hanging together a lot these days.
Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: Deer are tough - 03/23/20 06:51 PM

The will to survive out weighs the pitty we humans often place on difficult situations.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Deer are tough - 03/23/20 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by westtexaswatkins
The will to survive out weighs the pitty we humans often place on difficult situations.
Posted By: 83mvp

Re: Deer are tough - 03/24/20 01:36 AM

Shot a mature buck years ago that had a back leg drawn up and atrophied near the hock, but otherwise intact. Speculated that he had jumped a fence and got it caught, broke it getting loose and then spent the next couple of years healing up. He got around fine until he met me, although his hindquarter had lost a lot of muscle mass. Not sure if the injury had anything to do with his headgear but his back left was damaged and his right beam looked like this:
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum