Texas Hunting Forum

SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND

Posted By: JCB

SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/04/19 10:30 PM

Found 6 total in my stand in 2 days. Several under my chair.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I thought this one was cool because you can see the male also. You don't see that very often.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/04/19 10:51 PM

Nice. Did you squish them or let them hang out until deer season?
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/04/19 11:11 PM

Burn it down!!!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/04/19 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by dlrz71
Burn it down!!!

flame

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/04/19 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
Nice. Did you squish them or let them hang out until deer season?

I squished them. One of them got away. Spiders don't bother me to much but the ones that can leave a mark do!

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/04/19 11:35 PM

You know I ain't mad at you J. Argue with me about a snake ID and see what happens though.... roflmao

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/04/19 11:37 PM

I miss your participation in the ID threads. clap
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/05/19 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
You know I ain't mad at you J. Argue with me about a snake ID and see what happens though.... roflmao

rofl
Posted By: NeonDion

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/05/19 03:53 AM

Don't forget to squish the egg sacks!!
Posted By: Breath-Taker Whitetails

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/05/19 05:02 AM

It’s not too late too build a new stand for the upcoming season after you put a torch and a can of gasoline to that one
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/05/19 11:15 AM

I kill everyone I see
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/05/19 04:47 PM

I hate those things.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/05/19 04:59 PM

Bug bombs. up

I hate spiders.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/05/19 05:32 PM

I buy Permethrin, a bottle costs around $7. Mix an ounce in a spray bottle and spray the inside of your bilind, shed etc.. when you leave and you will eliminate 95-100% of bugs and spiders.
I got into a stand a couple years ago and when it got light realized I was locked in with a 100 angry wasps. Not that much fun. Took a few whacks before getting free.
Posted By: Slimpickin

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/05/19 05:49 PM

Doesn't bother me much, except when I was curious about the egg sack. Slowly peeled it open and a small cloud of baby spiders started running across my hand. Won't ever do that again...Lesson learned!
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/05/19 06:44 PM

I thoroughly clean my blinds at the end of season, and then spray them several weeks in advance of season opening. I use the same mix I spray for scorpions around the barn, Demon WP or Talstar. Liberal dose around base and floor. Seems to work.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/05/19 08:18 PM

Martins Viper Insecticide, I think is the same active ingredient as Demon WP.

Can be used inside and out unlike WP. We used to have a fiddleback problem down in the woods, the house had em all in there. Now I spray before coming back to the city and the problem is gone. Works on anything with an exoskeleton. Wasps, scorpions, spiders, it kills em all.
Posted By: bigbroke12

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/05/19 09:07 PM

widows freak me out. killed at least a dozen around cargo containers at my camp site this week. keep the entire area sprayed regularly as well as all blinds. Still do the bug bombs and a hot shot in each one though. Have never found anything alive in there upon returning.

came across this dudette on a fence line near camp area...believe it to be a brown widow...any confirmations?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/06/19 01:23 AM

About once a month we bug bomb everything starting in August.
Posted By: heredeer

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/06/19 04:21 AM

texas
Posted By: BigPig

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/06/19 07:48 AM

I like spiders. Given the chance, I’ll relocate instead of squishing. However, if they are interfering with my plans that day and relocating them will grossly interior those plans, they get squished. We had a lot of black widows in my shop, I never messed with them and they never messed with me.

Got bit by a brown recluse one day, very mild reaction, hope the same is true for the BW’s.
Posted By: tophorsecop

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/07/19 12:16 PM

I concur...Brown Widow...my brother has been seeing them in San Diego area lately...works for Home Depot...quiet corners of storage areas.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/09/19 10:08 PM

Hot shot pest strips will kill anything that finds its way into your blind. Just throw one in at the start of summer and you won’t have anything that crawls, flies or otherwise breathes alive in there.

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/09/19 10:45 PM

I done seent one of them beauties today.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/17/19 10:29 AM

An insect no-pest strip will keep your blind free of any kind of bugs, even the ones that fly, like wasps.

Every September I go to reload the feeder & prepare the blind. I open the door, remain on the ladder & set off a Bug Bomb inside. Come back the next day & sweep the casualties out, hang up a new pest strip & enjoy a bug free hunting season.
Posted By: Stub

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/17/19 11:12 AM

Time to.

[Linked Image]

or

[Linked Image]
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/17/19 09:08 PM

burn baby burn
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/18/19 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Reloder28
An insect no-pest strip will keep your blind free of any kind of bugs, even the ones that fly, like wasps.

Every September I go to reload the feeder & prepare the blind. I open the door, remain on the ladder & set off a Bug Bomb inside. Come back the next day & sweep the casualties out, hang up a new pest strip & enjoy a bug free hunting season.

Yes sir! Spot on
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: SOME BLACK WIDOWS I FOUND IN MY STAND - 08/18/19 10:23 PM

I just fogged both blinds and sprayed down the outsides with liquid Sevin. Will put in the No Pest strips in two weeks. Been using them for a few years because they work.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum