Texas Hunting Forum

Snake

Posted By: mow

Snake - 07/28/19 03:27 AM

Went to move a blind..this is what I found..dang near jumped out of my pants before I could pull my Glock..thought it was a buzz tail..but upon inspection it was just a rat snake..backed away..came back the next morning and he was gone
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Snake - 07/28/19 03:57 AM

That's a coachwhip snake.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Snake - 07/28/19 07:37 AM

Don't like snakes
Posted By: don k

Re: Snake - 07/28/19 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

Yes, we have a lot of them here. Mean if you mess with them.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Snake - 07/28/19 01:20 PM

Yup...good snake...
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Snake - 07/28/19 02:02 PM

That’s cool!!

Good job!!
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Snake - 07/28/19 02:39 PM

up no need to kill
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Snake - 07/28/19 05:42 PM

I walked up on one years ago while dove hunting in tall grass. He decided the inside of my pants leg was a good place to hide during his crazy fast slither. We both escaped without injury but it got real interesting real quick.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Snake - 07/28/19 05:47 PM

Coach whips are fast. Hoping to get a picture I tried to catch up with one once. Man he was quick.
Posted By: Ringtail

Re: Snake - 07/28/19 06:08 PM

Coach whips are extremely fast. I was cutting the lawn last week and saw one in an open area. I jumped off my mower just to see if I could catch him but he made it into a mott of trees and went up into the branches. I had some when I used to keep snakes years ago and they are kind of ill tempered and do like to bite.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Snake - 07/28/19 07:44 PM

Fast. up
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Snake - 07/28/19 07:55 PM

I walked up on one years ago while dove hunting in tall grass. He decided the inside of my pants leg was a good place to hide during his crazy fast slither. We both escaped without injury but it got real interesting real quick.

rofl
Posted By: texasdude28

Re: Snake - 07/28/19 08:25 PM

Snakes are ok as long as they stay away from the house and blind.
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Snake - 07/29/19 02:50 AM

Yep, that’s a Coachwhip.
Posted By: D Rogers

Re: Snake - 07/29/19 01:22 PM

Yeah if you'd have spooked him too bad he wouldve made you jump out of your skin!
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Snake - 07/29/19 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

rofl

Coachwhip "Hey, didn't know there was already one snake in here! Mind if I hide with you"?
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Snake - 07/29/19 03:36 PM

"Though their typical prey includes rodents, birds, lizards and eggs, coachwhips will eagerly consume rattlesnakes when they have the chance. It is not clear if coachwhips have immunity to rattlesnake venom or not—they use their great speed to avoid a rattlesnake's strikes."

= good snake!
Posted By: Western

Re: Snake - 07/29/19 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

Yup...good snake...

well SW, that one left a lot of trash bang
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum