Texas Hunting Forum

OOPS I DID IT AGAIN!

Posted By: JCB

OOPS I DID IT AGAIN! - 05/19/19 10:37 PM

If you saw last weekends fishing thread you know I had a pretty epic day. Today was more of the same!

The weather man said todays wind would be 5-10 so I got Dad to go to the lake with me to see if my fishies were still there from last weekend. We got on the water about 7am and started looking for Crappie. It took me one cast to find them because they were right where I left them last Sunday. We were on pace for a epic Crappie outing until the wind got up after about an hour and caused waves to crash over the front of the boat. I stuck it out as long as I could but there is only so much you can do when your jig is going up and down 3' with each wave.

After fighting that for a couple of hours I told Dad the Sandbass should be stacking up where they were last weekend so we made our way over there. First cast produced the 19" Hybrid you see in the picture. I usually don't keep Hybrids but this one was bleeding pretty bad so I stuck him in the livewell to see if he would live......well he died. We ended up with several more nice Hybrids and even a few nice Largemouths on that spot. Next the Sandbass started stacking up and it was every cast for hours on end just like last Sunday. The biggest difference today was all the Potlickers trying to get their piece of the pie too. Pretty soon we had about 10 boats within casting distance but I can safely say we had the only 2 baits in the world they were wanting because I made them myself. clap Between the other 10 boats I saw maybe a dozen fish caught despite the jackwagons crossing my line trying to catch them out from under us. We were safely into the 200 fish range when we called it quits at 1pm and headed back to the ramp. What the other guys did not realize was the fish were not actively feeding and you cant fish for them like they are. When I cleaned them I didn't see one single shad inside any of them so that proved my theory that the fish were just hanging out in that spot but willing to eat if you knew how to make them.

We ended the day taking home a 2 man limit of Sandbass, 21 slab Crappie, and the one Hybrid.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: OOPS I DID IT AGAIN! - 05/19/19 10:41 PM

clap banana Awesome!!! cheers The fish whisperer grin
Posted By: tex70

Re: OOPS I DID IT AGAIN! - 05/19/19 10:54 PM

You sir, are a fish catching machine cheers
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: OOPS I DID IT AGAIN! - 05/19/19 10:56 PM

Wow, another great outing. Gonna fill that freezer up pretty soon.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: OOPS I DID IT AGAIN! - 05/19/19 11:33 PM

you are killing me, great trip
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: OOPS I DID IT AGAIN! - 05/20/19 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by tex70
You sir, are a fish catching machine cheers
Posted By: Judd

Re: OOPS I DID IT AGAIN! - 05/20/19 01:11 AM

roflmao you're the only one that can make them bite roflmao

Regardless, great morning congrats on an awesome fishing trip with your pops!
Posted By: Espy

Re: OOPS I DID IT AGAIN! - 05/20/19 01:24 AM

Wow another great day congrats
Posted By: ETexas Hunter

Re: OOPS I DID IT AGAIN! - 05/20/19 01:35 PM

cheers
Posted By: redchevy

Re: OOPS I DID IT AGAIN! - 05/20/19 02:21 PM

Heat the grease!

Nothing better than wetting a line with you old man... well maybe your old man and your son.

Looks like good times and a heck of a catch.
Posted By: heredeer

Re: OOPS I DID IT AGAIN! - 05/20/19 04:20 PM

food
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: OOPS I DID IT AGAIN! - 05/20/19 08:13 PM

cheers
Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: OOPS I DID IT AGAIN! - 05/20/19 10:37 PM

Oh man, look at those succulent bags of crap! Just those four bags would feed me and the wife for one night and maybe even breakfast the next morning. Throw in some SB and the kids might even get a bite or two cheers
Seriously though, that's pretty dang cool.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: OOPS I DID IT AGAIN! - 05/20/19 10:52 PM

Outstanding outing food
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum