Texas Hunting Forum

First Year Photography - Part Deux

Posted By: ckat

First Year Photography - Part Deux - 02/05/19 03:06 AM

Since my camera is non-adjustable, it looks like I am going to be forced into editing for decent quality. Thanks for all of the suggestions. Here are some shots that I edited a bit. Hopefully, this helps with the "dull" and "washed" appearances. Still open to suggestions and critiques...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lazyman

Re: First Year Photography - Part Deux - 02/05/19 03:24 AM

Great looking pics...

Re: First Year Photography - Part Deux - 02/05/19 05:25 AM

Brake check... I just learned that my camera is VERY adjustable!!! Looks like I'm going to have to pull that manual out and read it...

Ignorance was bliss, for a while... blush
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: First Year Photography - Part Deux - 02/05/19 11:16 AM

cheers
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: First Year Photography - Part Deux - 02/05/19 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by ckat
Brake check... I just learned that my camera is VERY adjustable!!! Looks like I'm going to have to pull that manual out and read it...

Ignorance was bliss, for a while... blush

It's amazing what we learn when we read the manual, been there done that! Now I walk myself through the features as soon as I get one just to make sure.

Let me add that most PC's have a built in photo editing program that's very user friendly. I use the program that came on my HP and my DELL's.

Top pic is an unedited version, bottom is edited using standard HP software. Not the best example since I caught the first pic just about right, I'll try and get a better example today.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: First Year Photography - Part Deux - 02/05/19 01:28 PM

Awesome photo, Hwy_Man!!!

These photos were edited on our laptop. As you said, that program is pretty easy to use. Unfortunately for me, I didn't catch them "just about right," so they are heavily edited... crazy
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: First Year Photography - Part Deux - 02/05/19 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by ckat
Awesome photo, Hwy_Man!!!

These photos were edited on our laptop. As you said, that program is pretty easy to use. Unfortunately for me, I didn't catch them "just about right," so they are heavily edited... crazy

A steady hand and the right light are key to a good picture, your on the right path. Might add it's a path you may wish you'd not went down, photography can be as addicting and expensive as hunting and guns. I'm running 4 Nikons, 2 Fuji's and a Samsung.
Posted By: TX TCAT

Re: First Year Photography - Part Deux - 02/05/19 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by HWY_MAN

A steady hand and the right light are key to a good picture, your on the right path. Might add it's a path you may wish you'd not went down, photography can be as addicting and expensive as hunting and guns. I'm running 4 Nikons, 2 Fuji's and a Samsung.

I could not agree more. I hardly ever take a gun to the field anymore and probably get more enjoyment out of it than when I was really hunting hard. Photography requires many of the same skills as hunting like playing the wind and understanding where your game is coming from, but also requires you to understand the lighting and angles of shadows, etc.

My advice would be to put your camera on manual mode and really play with all of the settings. Take as many pictures as you can possibly stand, but really try to get the lighting right in the camera before you take it to photoshop. The less editing, the better. Also, the beauty in photography is that every eye sees differently and has different preferences. Find your style, and don't worry about what anyone else says! Here are a few unedited photos from my quail hunt this weekend.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: cabosandinh

Re: First Year Photography - Part Deux - 02/05/19 04:34 PM

if you want to use a point and shoot

try a Leica

* put a UV filter on your current camera to remove blue tints
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: First Year Photography - Part Deux - 02/05/19 05:35 PM

up
Posted By: TooLow