Texas Hunting Forum

VIDEO OF MY DOE TAKEN WITH CROSSBOW

Posted By: dlrz71

VIDEO OF MY DOE TAKEN WITH CROSSBOW - 01/01/19 01:53 AM

I was able to take my buck for the season with my crossbow and wanted to take my doe with it as well. Through the season I had noticed the deer would travel right in front of my blind moving between feeders so I decided to pour out some corn at 23 yards and take my crossbow with me to my rifle stand. If you click on the settings icon next to "YouTube" at the bottom of the screen you can change the speed of the video down to .25 speed for slow motion viewing. In slow motion you can see just how far the doe drops before impact.

Posted By: JCB

Re: VIDEO OF MY DOE TAKEN WITH CROSSBOW - 01/01/19 02:03 AM

Best example you will ever see of string jumping. She dropped at least 6" even after the arrow was 75% there. Had she decided to turn at same time it could have been a clean miss. Crazy!!!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: VIDEO OF MY DOE TAKEN WITH CROSSBOW - 01/01/19 02:11 AM

cheers Great video!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: VIDEO OF MY DOE TAKEN WITH CROSSBOW - 01/01/19 03:20 AM

That was a great video,
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: VIDEO OF MY DOE TAKEN WITH CROSSBOW - 01/01/19 03:29 AM

Great video. Thanks for the slow-mo tip, really cool. That lighted nock sure helped see what was happening.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: VIDEO OF MY DOE TAKEN WITH CROSSBOW - 01/01/19 04:32 AM

Thanks for pointing out that slow mo feature, did not know that. That was fun to watch.

Re: VIDEO OF MY DOE TAKEN WITH CROSSBOW - 01/01/19 05:13 AM

Thanks guys!!

Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan
Thanks for pointing out that slow mo feature, did not know that. That was fun to watch.

I couldn't figure out how to edit it in slow motion so this is the next best thing grin
Posted By: Espy

Re: VIDEO OF MY DOE TAKEN WITH CROSSBOW - 01/01/19 05:24 AM

Nice video
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: VIDEO OF MY DOE TAKEN WITH CROSSBOW - 01/01/19 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
That was a great video,
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: VIDEO OF MY DOE TAKEN WITH CROSSBOW - 01/01/19 05:07 PM

Excellent shot and nice video. If you check the freeze frame, she has not reacted at the moment of impact. Your bolt appears to have arrived befor the sound. [Linked Image]

This was the moment of impact.

Re: VIDEO OF MY DOE TAKEN WITH CROSSBOW - 01/01/19 05:30 PM

We could probably argue about this for days without great video editing software lol. I took a slomo video of the video in .25 speed and scrolled through the frames. This I believe to be at impact or just before. As you can see there is still no sign of impact on the skin. If you notice behind her there is a dark spot that can’t be seen before the shot.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JCB

Re: VIDEO OF MY DOE TAKEN WITH CROSSBOW - 01/01/19 05:31 PM

That's not the moment of impact. I have seen the ultra slomo footage and saw the deer in person. That's not even where the deer was hit.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: VIDEO OF MY DOE TAKEN WITH CROSSBOW - 01/01/19 05:52 PM

Good video, other than saving and sharing the hunt (thanks for sharing it) they can be useful for deciding on when to followup on the tracking
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: VIDEO OF MY DOE TAKEN WITH CROSSBOW - 01/01/19 06:21 PM

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum