Texas Hunting Forum

I’d forgotten...

Posted By: jrfan

I’d forgotten... - 12/04/18 12:22 AM

....what it was like to hunt with young ones. My brother brought 2 of my nephews (5 and 7)out this weekend. I’m surprised we saw any movement at all. As soon as the movement slowed, they were ready to go. We have to work on the patience part of hunting. This was the youngest ones first trip to the ranch. We didn't kill any deer, but I did connect on a nice turkey. Nephew wasn’t very happy with me when I told him we weren’t having it for dinner!!

Attached picture 869E5A60-074F-43C6-B2F2-2876FE7B1D5B.png
Posted By: pop r

Re: I’d forgotten... - 12/04/18 12:58 AM

up Making memory's.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: I’d forgotten... - 12/04/18 11:52 AM

cheers
Posted By: Stub

Re: I’d forgotten... - 12/04/18 12:06 PM

up
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: I’d forgotten... - 12/04/18 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by pop r
up Making memory's.
Posted By: jim1961

Re: I’d forgotten... - 12/04/18 02:32 PM

up
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: I’d forgotten... - 12/04/18 02:47 PM

cheers
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: I’d forgotten... - 12/04/18 03:22 PM

they will definitely test your patience!! Never fails you will get the "is it time to go yet" question rofl Nothing better though and I try and take as many videos as possible to catch some of those moments. up
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: I’d forgotten... - 12/04/18 05:10 PM

up Making memory's.

up
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: I’d forgotten... - 12/04/18 06:48 PM

jrfan, I remember once years ago an old timer said when you hunt with kids, it's their hunt not yours. I have to repeat that to myself when I take one or both of mine along, then my blood pressure goes back down to dangerous levels. Once they were almost at a full on fist fight in the stand, I just turned my back and let them work it out. We didn't see anything that trip.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: I’d forgotten... - 12/04/18 06:51 PM

up Making memory's.
Posted By: jrfan

Re: I’d forgotten... - 12/04/18 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by garyrapp55
jrfan, I remember once years ago an old timer said when you hunt with kids, it's their hunt not yours. I have to repeat that to myself when I take one or both of mine along, then my blood pressure goes back down to dangerous levels. Once they were almost at a full on fist fight in the stand, I just turned my back and let them work it out. We didn't see anything that trip.

Great point, I pretty much let them do what they wanted. When they said they were ready to go, I told them 5 more minutes and stretched it into ten. We drove the mule, shot the BB gun, ate Oreo's for breakfast and had a good time. I can't wait until the next hunt!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum