Texas Hunting Forum

Played Hooky for a quick duck hunt! Limited out!

Posted By: ChadTRG42

Played Hooky for a quick duck hunt! Limited out! - 11/13/18 09:27 PM

A hunting buddy of mine and I went out to our deer lease for a quick Tuesday morning duck hunt. We met some other hunters out there also. One of them is a champion duck caller, and he's just freakin' awesome. How he turns the birds to us and keeps them coming is amazing! We had a duck blind full of duck hunters and a good duck dog. A lot of us had limited out by about 8:30. Some of the groups of ducks coming in was an amazing sight and sound. We had a good mix of duck also. Some Pin Tails, Mallards, Canvas Backs, Red Heads, Wideon's, Gadwalls, probably a few I'm leaving out. We have a 50+ acre lake we duck hunt and fish on. It's a perfect place for duck hunting.

It was 26 degrees at the start of the morning. I went to get one duck while the dog was working on another bird, and the cold water found it's way over the top of my waders. I didn't know I could make sounds that high pitched! Here's some pictures from the hunt. It was awesome!!

Attached picture IMAG1450.jpg
Attached picture IMAG1455.jpg
Attached picture IMAG1448.jpg
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Played Hooky for a quick duck hunt! Limited out! - 11/13/18 09:37 PM

That's awesome Chad. Looks like a great time. Wish there was video of you getting wet. I mean no ill will towards you but I know that was funny to anyone withing 500 yards.
Posted By: 82Ag

Re: Played Hooky for a quick duck hunt! Limited out! - 11/13/18 09:42 PM

Looks like a great time was had by all. Good thing we don't have the old scoring system, you guys would have needed pen and calculator to figure out if you had the right amount of "points". Good looking mixed bag!
Posted By: hetman

Re: Played Hooky for a quick duck hunt! Limited out! - 11/13/18 10:01 PM

coolpics
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Played Hooky for a quick duck hunt! Limited out! - 11/13/18 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by garyrapp55
That's awesome Chad. Looks like a great time. Wish there was video of you getting wet. I mean no ill will towards you but I know that was funny to anyone withing 500 yards.

Yes, I'm sure it was funny! As I went further out, I kept inching my waders up higher and higher. They wouldn't go any higher, but the water did! It got cold real quick! I still didn't get the bird. The dog had to go to the other side of the lake to get it.

Also, if anyone has any interest in going duck hunting, let me know. I'm always looking for someone to go with me for a quick duck hunt. Sneaking away during the week for a quick morning hunt right now is easiest for me. Weekends can be difficult.
Posted By: ETexas Hunter

Re: Played Hooky for a quick duck hunt! Limited out! - 11/13/18 10:10 PM

up
good looking pup
Posted By: mattyg06

Re: Played Hooky for a quick duck hunt! Limited out! - 11/13/18 10:38 PM

I bet the dog had the most fun of all. Looks like a good group and a great time.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Played Hooky for a quick duck hunt! Limited out! - 11/13/18 10:49 PM

Congrats
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Played Hooky for a quick duck hunt! Limited out! - 11/14/18 12:58 AM

Love the duck hunt!
Posted By: jim1961

Re: Played Hooky for a quick duck hunt! Limited out! - 11/14/18 02:40 PM

Congrats !
Posted By: Whack n stack

Re: Played Hooky for a quick duck hunt! Limited out! - 11/14/18 02:44 PM

awesome work yall! i love a good mixed bag!
Posted By: D Rogers

Re: Played Hooky for a quick duck hunt! Limited out! - 11/14/18 03:01 PM

Right on bud! Looks like yall had a blast
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum