Texas Hunting Forum

Creek is full

Posted By: dlrz71

Creek is full - 09/06/18 08:21 PM

The creek near our lease is about full and getting more rain today and forecasted though the weekend

Posted By: TooLow

Re: Creek is full - 09/06/18 08:22 PM

Nice
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Creek is full - 09/06/18 08:25 PM

You're very lucky, wish I could get some running water, my ponds need it bad.
Posted By: bp3

Re: Creek is full - 09/06/18 08:47 PM

Might help Ivie a little
Posted By: JCB

Re: Creek is full - 09/06/18 08:51 PM

And whats really crazy is that's 4"-5"+ in addition to what they got when I was out there about 3 weeks ago when another 5" fell. That's about 10" of rain in less than a months time in a area that seems to never get a drop.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Creek is full - 09/06/18 10:06 PM

Last night on the news they said that Fort Chadbourne had almost 5" of rain.

Re: Creek is full - 09/06/18 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
Last night on the news they said that Fort Chadbourne had almost 5" of rain.

up we need it!!
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Creek is full - 09/06/18 11:53 PM

Thats awesome!
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Creek is full - 09/07/18 12:07 AM

Originally Posted By: dlrz71
The creek near our lease is about full and getting more rain today and forecasted though the weekend

So this is a pic from Coke county? I was just out there this past weekend and it was pretty dry where we are. I wonder how all of this late rain will impact hunting in Oct and Nov.

Re: Creek is full - 09/07/18 01:22 AM

Yes I am in Coke county West of Blackwell. It came a pretty good rain Sunday afternoon and I think has rained everyday since then with more to come. We also had another good rain a few weeks ago as well.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Creek is full - 09/07/18 10:26 AM

Wish my creek was full...still need rain bad...
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Creek is full - 09/07/18 05:00 PM

Noon news reported almost 5" at Blackwell.
Posted By: westexbowhntr

Re: Creek is full - 09/11/18 02:39 PM

Was out there Friday before Labor Day and that creek was Bone Dry! Oak Creek Lake should be liking it! All those Tanks that they cleaned out on the lease this past year should have caught some water, now if they will just hold it and not let it all soak back in. Could tell we got a good rain out there a few weeks ago from all the green grass and new growth on the shin oak and Agarita. The deer should have plenty to nibble on now!
Posted By: heredeer

Re: Creek is full - 09/11/18 02:57 PM

texas

Re: Creek is full - 09/11/18 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: westexbowhntr
Was out there Friday before Labor Day and that creek was Bone Dry! Oak Creek Lake should be liking it! All those Tanks that they cleaned out on the lease this past year should have caught some water, now if they will just hold it and not let it all soak back in. Could tell we got a good rain out there a few weeks ago from all the green grass and new growth on the shin oak and Agarita. The deer should have plenty to nibble on now!

I think we had around 7" in the last week or so if not more. Oak creek was out of banks this past weekend for a few hours. I will post those pics soon. I only had feeders cams going for the last week and not many bucks hitting my feeders right now with the rain and browse they have to eat. Hopefully I will have some good pics in a couple of weeks.
Posted By: Schpanky

Re: Creek is full - 09/11/18 08:57 PM

yup....was at the lease weekend before last and it was very green and many of the bar ditches and low spots had standing water....lots of new growth on some mesquites that will need trimming...

Going out again this weekend so hopefully its not mud hole...if that tropical system comes ashore it could get interesting

Re: Creek is full - 09/11/18 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Schpanky
yup....was at the lease weekend before last and it was very green and many of the bar ditches and low spots had standing water....lots of new growth on some mesquites that will need trimming...

Going out again this weekend so hopefully its not mud hole...if that tropical system comes ashore it could get interesting

I thought about buying a paddle boat while at Tractor Supply in Sweetwater. rofl
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Creek is full - 09/17/18 12:23 PM

Love it
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum