Texas Hunting Forum

Brand New Critter

Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Brand New Critter - 04/05/18 12:30 AM

I'm known for reptiles, but occasionally I'll get a call for a furry critter too. I picked up this little dude Sunday night after he fell out of an attic. It was a rough couple of days for him, but once I got him rehydrated and fed him some formula, he's been doing great and he's as tame as a puppy. My 3-year-old son named him Shooty. 'Merica!
Posted By: hetman

Re: Brand New Critter - 04/05/18 12:38 AM

coolpics
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Brand New Critter - 04/05/18 12:49 AM

Pretty cute for a tree rat.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Brand New Critter - 04/05/18 12:54 AM

Miss the ones my dad had. They blew out of their nest one night, didn't even have their eyes open yet. Mom and Dad fed them with a toy baby bottle, saved 2 of the 3.
Can't remember how old they got but they lived a long time in a large habitat in front of his gun shop.
Posted By: don k

Re: Brand New Critter - 04/05/18 01:52 AM

I like that.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Brand New Critter - 04/05/18 02:57 AM

That’s cool!!
Posted By: heredeer

Re: Brand New Critter - 04/05/18 03:56 AM

texas
Posted By: Stub

Re: Brand New Critter - 04/05/18 11:24 AM

Good with dumplings food
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Brand New Critter - 04/05/18 11:30 AM

cute
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Brand New Critter - 04/05/18 11:34 AM

Should be an interesting ride. I think the name is good...you'll be tempted more than once to shooty Shooty! elmer
Posted By: jim1961

Re: Brand New Critter - 04/05/18 03:57 PM

cheers
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Brand New Critter - 04/05/18 07:00 PM

I work with a guy who looks just like that.
Posted By: BassBuster1

Re: Brand New Critter - 04/05/18 08:36 PM

You saving them and me shooting them with a pellet gun when they get too close to the house. They are fun to watch when they chase each other around.
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: Brand New Critter - 04/05/18 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: hetman
coolpics
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Brand New Critter - 04/06/18 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Michael W.
Pretty cute for a tree rat.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Brand New Critter - 04/06/18 02:50 AM

What will you come up with next rofl That is cool man up
Posted By: Dodge_Rock

Re: Brand New Critter - 04/06/18 03:31 AM

That'll make one high-energy pet. Don't know how you'll keep the dog away from it.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Brand New Critter - 04/06/18 10:29 AM

Dogs and squirrels. So...my buddy had a chocolate lab, spent it's life chasing squirrels across the fence in his back yard but to no avail. The sad day comes when he had to be put down and he takes him to the vet, sitting there waiting and a woman comes in with a squirrel wrapped in a small towel, got hit by a car or something. They put the squirrel on a little table and walk away, well my buddies dog had one last hoorah in him and went over and grabbed the squirrel and shook it until it died. LOL I guess he went out with a smile finally got his squirrel!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Brand New Critter - 04/06/18 12:17 PM

Well played. up
Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: Brand New Critter - 04/06/18 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By: RattlesnakeDan
Dogs and squirrels. So...my buddy had a chocolate lab, spent it's life chasing squirrels across the fence in his back yard but to no avail. The sad day comes when he had to be put down and he takes him to the vet, sitting there waiting and a woman comes in with a squirrel wrapped in a small towel, got hit by a car or something. They put the squirrel on a little table and walk away, well my buddies dog had one last hoorah in him and went over and grabbed the squirrel and shook it until it died. LOL I guess he went out with a smile finally got his squirrel!

HAHAHA! I hate squirrels too. I battled them suckers for years at the phone company. They are destructive little vermin. One got under my stepdad's car cover on his 78 vette and ate ALL the rubber from around his windows, lol. That was a sad day for him. You should see what they do to lead cables. I shoot at any of them within 50 yards of my house. That one is cute in the pic, for now. I hope there don't come a day when you want stomp his guts out.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Brand New Critter - 04/07/18 01:36 AM

But can he do this?

Posted By: Redneck78

Re: Brand New Critter - 04/15/18 07:50 AM

cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum