Texas Hunting Forum

Turkey and Aoudad.

Posted By: HWY_MAN

Turkey and Aoudad. - 03/14/18 04:57 PM

Turkeys walked up while taking pictures.

Posted By: John Deer

Re: Turkey and Aoudad. - 03/14/18 09:23 PM

Good pics! up
Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: Turkey and Aoudad. - 03/14/18 09:44 PM

I know those who have aoudad think they can be a pain in the arse, but I think they are pretty cool (probably because I don't have any grin)

Re: Turkey and Aoudad. - 03/14/18 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: westtexaswatkins
I know those who have aoudad think they can be a pain in the arse, but I think they are pretty cool (probably because I don't have any grin)

If we hunted the big ranch I might consider them a pest but they stay up in the hills away from the deer and cattle. They don't seem to compete with anything we have.
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: Turkey and Aoudad. - 03/14/18 10:35 PM

thanks for sharing
Posted By: 7mag

Re: Turkey and Aoudad. - 03/15/18 01:12 AM

nice up
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Turkey and Aoudad. - 03/15/18 02:45 AM

Cool pics, thanks for posting!
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Turkey and Aoudad. - 03/15/18 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: TEXASLEFTY
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Turkey and Aoudad. - 03/15/18 11:37 AM

Originally Posted By: 2Beez
Posted By: Stub

Re: Turkey and Aoudad. - 03/15/18 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted By: 2Beez
up
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Turkey and Aoudad. - 03/15/18 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN

If we hunted the big ranch I might consider them a pest but they stay up in the hills away from the deer and cattle. They don't seem to compete with anything we have.

I used to think the same thing......you will be surprised how far they move. I watched a herd move down from out of a mountain range into the flattest country around to feed.

I love them personally....I think they are a cool animal. they can take over a feeder however. typically they are smart and if you bust a few ewes at a feeder they take off not to return.

It pains me to see them (big males in particular) shot indiscriminately and them treated like a pest. You do have to control their numbers however because of a lack of natural predators they will propagate at a great rate.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Turkey and Aoudad. - 03/16/18 09:58 AM

Nice pics HWY! up

Re: Turkey and Aoudad. - 03/16/18 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN

I used to think the same thing......you will be surprised how far they move. I watched a herd move down from out of a mountain range into the flattest country around to feed.

I love them personally....I think they are a cool animal. they can take over a feeder however. typically they are smart and if you bust a few ewes at a feeder they take off not to return.

It pains me to see them (big males in particular) shot indiscriminately and them treated like a pest. You do have to control their numbers however because of a lack of natural predators they will propagate at a great rate.

We don't have any feeders or food plot's, 32 square miles of pasture. We don't hunt or feed at all.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum