Posted By: Bush Monkey Knives

The Big Bend - 02/02/18 03:20 PM

Entire portfolio here - https://jeffnatterer.myportfolio.com/the-big-bend-1

Hope you enjoy the images,

Jeff

Boquillas, Old Mexico
Posted By: TXranch56

Re: The Big Bend - 02/02/18 05:06 PM

Those are wonderful pictures. West Texas/Big Bend is one of my favorite places on earth. I see pictures of Boquillas, The balanced rock at grapevine hills, prada Marfa, santa elena canyon, tuff canyon.... all amazing places. There is so much to see out there that people are not aware of. Looks like you guys had a great trip.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: The Big Bend - 02/02/18 05:34 PM

Great pics. I love that country.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: The Big Bend - 02/02/18 08:50 PM

Great pics!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: The Big Bend - 02/02/18 08:55 PM

Great pics cheers
Posted By: Stub

Re: The Big Bend - 02/02/18 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Great pics cheers

Yes they are up
Posted By: SowHntr

Re: The Big Bend - 02/03/18 02:23 AM

Nice
Posted By: bp3

Re: The Big Bend - 02/03/18 03:12 AM

up
Posted By: ErnestTBass

Re: The Big Bend - 02/03/18 03:28 AM

I love Boquillas.

Gringo honeymoon.
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: The Big Bend - 02/03/18 03:43 AM

The Big Bend sucks. Please don't bother coming down here. Not much to see except creosote, rocks, dust, dirt. People in places like Terlingua
or Presidio are mostly crazy, can't identify with DFW, Houston, or San Antonio folks, and even less with West Louisiana, oops East Texas folks.

Besides, the night skies would scare most people when they actually realize how many stars there are. The colors of the sunrises and sunsets are too brilliant for most people to deal with after looking at drab high rises, freeways, and constantly being surrounded by tens of thousand of other cars and people. Very little to do, deficit of movie theaters and comedy clubs, no malls, not many places to eat. Closest Wal Mart is in Fort Stockon. Lots of Spanish speakers, both Anglo and Hispanic. Hwy 170 from Presidio to Terlingua is a death trap for flat landers or forest dwellers. If you get sick or hurt, you better be first cuz ambulances are few and far in between and it will take them a looooong time to get to you after making a 160 to 180 mile round trip to the hospital with someone else. Airplane might get ya out in about an hour. If luck is with ya that day and the weather cooperates or they aren't busy elsewhere.

You wouldn't like it here. Just sayin. grin
Posted By: TxAg

Re: The Big Bend - 02/03/18 04:12 AM

To be honest I expected a new, large knife called "The Big Bend."

But, fantastic pics. That is a special kind of country.
Posted By: javman

Re: The Big Bend - 02/03/18 04:24 AM

If you don’t mind me asking, what camera did are you using? Those are some nice pics!
Posted By: NDN98

Re: The Big Bend - 02/03/18 05:01 AM

coolpics

Amazing pics
Posted By: JCO

Re: The Big Bend - 02/03/18 01:33 PM

Great images. So much to see in Texas.
Posted By: Bush Monkey Knives

Re: The Big Bend - 02/03/18 07:46 PM

Glad you enjoyed the photographs. I use a Canon 5d II. Thank you for looking and/or commenting.

- Jeff
Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: The Big Bend - 02/03/18 08:11 PM

Awesome pics, again! I really like the one of that one eyed cowboy. I bet he's got some stories he could tell.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: The Big Bend - 02/04/18 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: deerfeeder
The Big Bend sucks. Please don't bother coming down here. Not much to see except creosote, rocks, dust, dirt. People in places like Terlingua
or Presidio are mostly crazy, can't identify with DFW, Houston, or San Antonio folks, and even less with West Louisiana, oops East Texas folks.

Besides, the night skies would scare most people when they actually realize how many stars there are. The colors of the sunrises and sunsets are too brilliant for most people to deal with after looking at drab high rises, freeways, and constantly being surrounded by tens of thousand of other cars and people. Very little to do, deficit of movie theaters and comedy clubs, no malls, not many places to eat. Closest Wal Mart is in Fort Stockon. Lots of Spanish speakers, both Anglo and Hispanic. Hwy 170 from Presidio to Terlingua is a death trap for flat landers or forest dwellers. If you get sick or hurt, you better be first cuz ambulances are few and far in between and it will take them a looooong time to get to you after making a 160 to 180 mile round trip to the hospital with someone else. Airplane might get ya out in about an hour. If luck is with ya that day and the weather cooperates or they aren't busy elsewhere.

You wouldn't like it here. Just sayin. grin

You forgot the rattlesnakes.....lots and lots of really big rattlesnakes....... cheers
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: The Big Bend - 02/05/18 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
Great pics!
Posted By: txh

Re: The Big Bend - 02/05/18 04:03 AM

Outstanding
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: The Big Bend - 02/05/18 02:17 PM

Great photos! In my opinion, no one should be able to claim that they are a Texan until they have been to the Big Bend.
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: Do-Nothin

Re: The Big Bend - 02/05/18 08:25 PM

Awesome!
Posted By: Single Shot

Re: The Big Bend - 02/08/18 01:00 AM

Great Photos
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: The Big Bend - 02/08/18 01:15 AM

Thanks for sharing, liked the old cowboy with hat.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: The Big Bend - 02/08/18 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By: deerfeeder
People in places like Terlingua
or Presidio are mostly crazy,

I would agree with that.
Posted By: Skylar Mac

Re: The Big Bend - 02/09/18 04:27 PM

up
Posted By: Toddthar

Re: The Big Bend - 02/09/18 07:18 PM

My favorite place in the world
Posted By: Charlieb68

Re: The Big Bend - 02/13/18 12:15 AM

Love the photo with the aoudad and the bobcat.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: The Big Bend - 02/13/18 12:24 AM

Guitar player es muy bueno. Boquillas is a special place.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum